• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it good time ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it good time ...

for a term-time holiday?

High Court says aye - Father wins ruling at High Court on term-time holiday challenge

Champagne all around

Although no doubt some parents will/do take the piss I have always found this bureaucratic bean counter mentality madness somewhat bizarre and I hope this result sorts it out once and for all.

As a parent I can be prostituted, fined, harassed and generally made to feel a worthless humanoid simply through taking ones own sprogs out of school.
    Last time I did it involved a midweek overnight stay to attend a funeral 250 miles away for goodness sake so not exactly a holiday .

Still we had to fill in forms, swear blind we would ensure our boys caught up with all the work they missed and promise we wouldn't do it regularly absolutely pathetic!
    What really bothered them seemed to be the impact on the schools overall attendance record ratings and that I think is the real truth behind a lot if it.

Yet seemingly the reverse is perfectly ok.
    Around here they call them PD days, random days when the entire school is shut and all responsible parents have to take days off, or pay for day care or whatever.

So whats the difference they still lose a days education which has to be made up somehow.
    So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

My daughters school reward 100% attendance. This is great they are very motivated to go to school.

My eldest regularly went to Thorpe park as a reward.

Then one day she was feeling ill, and went to school.She threw up in the middle of drama.

they sent her home and marked down her attendance to 99.5% so she didn't go to Thorpe Park.

The other one they put every one with 6 weeks of 100% attendance in a raffle. The ones that travel and manage a whole 6 weeks always seem to win against the ones with 100% attendance for years.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tis a tough one.

When my kids were little, I took them out for a week to go to Oz over Easter for 3 weeks. But I didn't do it every year. (T'was allowed back then)

Very difficult to draw up 'rules' that cover all scenarios...

Comment

Working...
        X