• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit doom, brexit doom, brexit doom!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit doom, brexit doom, brexit doom!

The media is awash with brexit doom.

It's having an impact on the voters. It's pretty clear.

ICM Unlimited | Polling Archive

With six weeks left until polling day, this week marks the fifth consecutive poll in our weekly series to put the Leave side slightly ahead, with a 51% vs 49% split on the referendum question.

However, it’s worth noting that a large part of this reflects our introduction of turnout weighting at the beginning of April – which suggests that those campaigning to Remain need to focus not only on the debate itself, but also on ensuring that their supporters actually come out to vote on referendum day.

Including undecideds, the full breakdown of results is:

Remain 44%
    Leave 46%
    Don’t know 11%

Brexit! Fook the bulltulipting doomsters!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The media is awash with brexit doom.

It's having an impact on the voters. It's pretty clear.

ICM Unlimited | Polling Archive

Brexit! Fook the bulltulipting doomsters!
    Brexit will crash house prices - what's not to like!
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Eeek! Seems to me like the more the remain lot push the more a certain section of the population will vote to tell them to do one. If Lagarde, Obama and the bankers are all pushing for us to stay in I think the natural reaction of the British is to tell them to stuff off and we will manage fine on our own.

Most compelling for me in the argument to leave is self-sustainability. Our industry and our food-producers have been royally shafted over the years. I hope that with us out, there could be shift to home production of essential items again. Yes, I probably live in a dreamworld but I don't see why we couldn't make it work.

Comment

A discussion at the workplace amongst the contractors (20) showed a split 50/50 pretty much between youngsters (20+ something) who wanted to remain and oldies (40+ something) who were all for leaving

Suppose on the day it will all be down to wcba to go and vote -hopefully youthful inertia will prevail
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          A discussion at the workplace amongst the contractors (20) showed a split 50/50 pretty much between youngsters (20+ something) who wanted to remain and oldies (40+ something) who were all for leaving

Suppose on the day it will all be down to wcba to go and vote -hopefully youthful inertia will prevail
          Hopefully not today's youth seem to have lost the capacity for rational thought.

Comment

The people are waking up to the EU reality.

Brexit takes the lead in our EU referendum poll - News - Ipswich Star

Comment

Boris providing the voice on sanity. We must fight "them" on the beaches etcetc.

Comment

i might stick a grand on brexit might pay for a holiday if i can still get into Europe

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
                  i might stick a grand on brexit might pay for a holiday if i can still get into Europe
                  Fook the EU, take your holiday and your money to the USA, Caribbean or Indian Ocean, etc.

Comment

Fook the EU, take your holiday and your money to the USA, Caribbean or Indian Ocean, etc.
                    Put your holiday money into a BTL. 5 years time you can buy the Caribbean.....

Comment

Working...
                    X