• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO MF - Suggestions required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAO MF - Suggestions required

I was asked to spend a couple of weeks in Budapest for work starting Tuesday and I am struggling to decide where to stay.

Booked myself into Kempinski Corvinus for the time being (refundable), but I am unsure whether it is a 7* or just a stupid 5*.

Other options I have are:
    - Four seasons Gresham palace
    - The Ritz-Carlton
    - Sofitel chain bridge
    - Corinthia.

What would you choose?

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    I was asked to spend a couple of weeks in Budapest for work starting Tuesday and I am struggling to decide where to stay.

Booked myself into Kempinski Corvinus for the time being (refundable), but I am unsure whether it is a 7* or just a stupid 5*.

- The Ritz-Carlton
    - Sofitel chain bridge
    - Corinthia.

What would you choose?
    Make sure you visit the cafe at the Lotz Hall.

Norr recommended a restaurant, which was very nice, but I can't remember what it's called.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Make sure you visit the cafe at the Lotz Hall.

Norr recommended a restaurant, which was very nice, but I can't remember what it's called.
      Found it

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...l_Hungary.html

Good selection of wines - and you can have them by the tasting glass. Food was excellent too.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

- The Ritz-Carlton
        - Sofitel chain bridge
        - Corinthia.

What would you choose?

Well I would actually choose a Hilton for maximum rewards as I am a Diamond member and sucker for reward cards. Obviously BA to get there and Avios hire car for maximum points.

The Amex BA card for all spending to increase those points again.

Just sitting, waiting for some Dynamite Shrimp in PF Changs in Silicon Valley where I have a rewards card before heading up into the mountains for a little wine tasting.

Seem to have time on my hands this weekend .
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Well I would actually choose a Hilton for maximum rewards as I am a Diamond member and a pig for reward cards. Obviously BA to get there and Avios hire car for maximum points.

The Amex Centurion card for all spending to increase those points again.

Just sitting, waiting for some Dynamite Prawns in PF Changs in Silicon Valley where I have a rewards card before heading up into the mountains for a little wife tasting.

Seem to have time on my hands this weekend .
          FTFY

Comment

MF, if you are actually going wine tasting, a tip from me... Paul Toogood's vineyard in El Dorado County. Well worth it. Haven't been there in a few years. Also, I'll be looking out for your message tomorrow.

As to the OP, Ritz Carlton for me. I used to be Holiday Inn, but now Marriott.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              MF, if you are actually going wine tasting, a tip from me... Paul Toogood's vineyard in El Dorado County.
              In El Dorado he is planning to eat them Shrimps...

Good with white wine...?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Well I would actually choose a Hilton for maximum rewards as I am a Diamond member and sucker for reward cards. Obviously BA to get there and Avios hire car for maximum points..
                Based on your suggestions, I called Hilton to try and book a room.

They asked me whether I was COTBAC and told me to get forked.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Found it

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...l_Hungary.html

Good selection of wines - and you can have them by the tasting glass. Food was excellent too.
                  Thanks for that. Added it to my list and shall let you know how it goes.

Would you be able to advise on .... never mind, I'll ask BP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    MF, if you are actually going wine tasting, a tip from me... Paul Toogood's vineyard in El Dorado County. Well worth it. Haven't been there in a few years. Also, I'll be looking out for your message tomorrow.

As to the OP, Ritz Carlton for me. I used to be Holiday Inn, but now Marriott.
                    As that's 150 miles North of me I doubt it. Presently in Palo Alto, not planning to head to Napa or Sonoma, just going to go local for a small taster as driving.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X