• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The EU wants a superstate, just as Hitler did

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EU wants a superstate, just as Hitler did

Boris Johnson: The EU wants a superstate, just as Hitler did

Obviously Boris took advice from Ken first - invoking Hitler always ends well.....

Keep it in the family.

Comment

Don't believe a word that self serving cretin says:

18 months ago this was his position on TTIP:

He wrote in his Daily Telegraph column in October 2014 that TTIP was a “great project” adding: “It is Churchillian, in that it builds transatlantic links; it is all about free trade; and it brings Britain and Europe closer to America. The idea is to create a gigantic free-trade zone between the EU and the US, or a TTIP – a Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership.

He went on: “There is absolutely nothing not to like about the TTIP. As Churchill might have said, it is altogether un-sordid. And yet virtually the only commentary we have been offered is absurdly hostile and misinformed. The debate is dominated by Left-wing misery-guts anti-globalisation campaigners.”

Johnson also emphatically rejected any idea in his Telegraph piece that the free trade deal could threaten the NHS by leaving it open to competition from US firms, a view now taken by the Vote Leave campaign.

“If we get the TTIP agreed, it will certainly not mean the privatisation of the NHS, and nor will it mean a green light for fracking Sussex. At the very most it will mean that there is some protection against government deciding – locally, at state level, or nationally – to legislate in some arbitrary and unexpected way so as to discriminate against foreign companies.

“That strikes me as a very useful thing for British companies, both large and small. This new free-trade pact with America is not a threat: it is a sensational opportunity to break down the remaining barriers to trade with the country that already takes 17% of our exports – the biggest single export destination for Britain.”
      Yet this week he said:

But this week in a speech backing Brexit, Johnson changed his tune completely, likening the EU’s role in the ongoing TTIP talks to a “pantomime horse” in which the 28 member nations tried, chaotically, to agree a joint position on venture that was preventing the UK from striking its own, quicker and more effective bilateral trade deals.

The speech by Johnson, who has written a biography of Churchill, lampooned the entire TTIP process: “As for the argument that we need the muscle of EU membership, if we are to do trade deals – well, look, as I say, at the results after 42 years of membership. The EU has done trade deals with the Palestinian authority and San Marino. Bravo. But it has failed to conclude agreements with India, China or even America.

“Why? Because negotiating on behalf of the EU is like trying to ride a vast pantomime horse, with 28 people blindly pulling in different directions.

“For decades deals with America have been blocked by the French film industry, and the current TTIP negotiations are stalled at least partly because Greek feta cheese manufacturers object to the concept of American feta. They may be right, aesthetically, but it should not be delaying us in this country.”
      He's a ******* moron, much like the rest of the Brexit campaign leaders who have absolutely no idea what they're on about: Boris Johnson's blunders have damaged the Leave campaign – and his career – beyond repair | Voices | The Independent

I'll leave you to continue to listen to their lies, their untruths, their about turns all of which just shows how intelligent the average Brexit'er is
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I see now that Farage is arshlickin Boris and wants to become a Tory again:

In an interview with the Mail on Sunday, Farage rejected suggestions that Johnson would not be serious enough to be prime minister if Cameron were forced to stand down. “Boris goes on surprising people. They say he can’t do this, he’s a joker – it’s like Ronnie Reagan. Could he do it? Yes. If you’d asked me six months ago, I’d have said no, but I’ve changed my mind,” he said.

Asked if he would like to work for Johnson if there were a vote to leave the EU, Farage said: “I love Boris, respect him, admire him; I’m a Boris fan. Could I work for him? Yes. Could I see a scenario if he was PM and he asked me to do something? I wouldn’t rule it out.”
        Aren't they all just a bunch of *******? And they're your *******
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The whole charade is about the Tory party and nothing in particular to do with Europe. As for the Bremainers, does anyone believe a single word David Cameron cones out with?

Comment

One of Hitler's slogans in 1929 was "Freedom and Bread".

You know who else was big on giving people freedom and bread? Jesus, that's who.

So by Boris's logic*, Jesus's aims were the same as Hitler's :nazi:

* I use the term loosely

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Don't believe a word that self serving cretin says:

18 months ago this was his position on TTIP:

Yet this week he said:

He's a ******* moron, much like the rest of the Brexit campaign leaders who have absolutely no idea what they're on about: Boris Johnson's blunders have damaged the Leave campaign – and his career – beyond repair | Voices | The Independent

I'll leave you to continue to listen to their lies, their untruths, their about turns all of which just shows how intelligent the average Brexit'er is
              I hope the establishment pay you well
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

It's pretty clear that a vote to remain is a green light for a supertate. EU army, EU regulations and laws to replace any democratic input at the UK level. The NHS will not be able to exist, because the health system would be unified and brought to a lower achievable level that can exist in countries like Romania.

If you want an EU supertate, with total control of every aspect of yours and your childrens lives being decided in Brussels, mostly by the German and French political masterminds, then go for it.

A vote for in is final and forever, there's no going back and no backing out. Not for you, not for your children.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    It's pretty clear that a vote to remain is a green light for a supertate. EU army, EU regulations and laws to replace any democratic input at the UK level. The NHS will not be able to exist, because the health system would be unified and brought to a lower achievable level that can exist in countries like Romania.

If you want an EU supertate, with total control of every aspect of yours and your childrens lives being decided in Brussels, mostly by the German and French political masterminds, then go for it.

A vote for in is final and forever, there's no going back and no backing out. Not for you, not for your children.
                    Nope, shouldn't even need a referendum, Parliament just needs to repeal this:

European Communities Act 1972

And it has been attempted:

European Communities Act 1972 (Repeal) Bill 2013-14 — UK Parliament

European Communities Act 1972 (Repeal) Bill 2012-13 — UK Parliament

This means that ultimate sovereignty still rests with Parliament: Community Law prevails only because Parliament wants it to prevail. Parliament could always repeal the European Communities Act and then Community law would cease to have effect in the United Kingdom.
                    But we all know that people are unaware of most things: Most people have no idea how many countries are in the EU, survey says | UK Politics | News | The Independent

Comment

Working...
                    X