• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Referendum: Do we enough information to take the correct decision?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU Referendum: Do we enough information to take the correct decision?

I am not sure yet which way my vote will go, but the date is getting closer and closer, so I will need to decide.

I am not an expert economist or financial guy, so am not sure I have enough information to decided on this yet!

Reading up on the information that "Leave EU" camp are putting out in brouchures, presentations, etc... i.e. looking only at the high levels of Immigration and its bad effect on British culture, jobs, wages, quality of life, etc. (aspects that the "Leavers" put forward), one may tend to swing towards the Leave vote, but I do not want to decide just based on EU immigration aspect only + the Med. immigration aspect that EU decides for its members (as the Leavers say!)

Looking at the levels of Non-EU immigration into UK, I wonder if we will solve the immigration aspect that leavers suggest by leaving the EU, since as they claim, the non-EU immigration is also very high, and I am thinking if that is true, we have not been good at reducing non-EU immigration anyway (which is perfectly under our control). So how is Leaving EU going to solve the EU immigration, if that is the main issue to consider as "Leavers" suggest? EU migrants will just come in by applying for Visa, just like the Non-EU people do!

Terribly confused, which way to go!

Leaving the EU is not about reducing immigration. Anyone who thinks leaving the EU will magically vanish all the immigrants and reduce the immigration level to zero is an idiot.

Immigration is one small aspect of leaving the EU. Leaving the EU will at least allow the UK to legally and carefully examine those who wish to settle here, in the same way that Canada, USA, NZ and Australia do. It also would allow us to decide who is and isn't an asylum seeker, who is an economic migrant and who is a possible threat to our health and wellbeing (health "tourist" and or terrorist).

At the moment, we have zero control over these aspects of migration. It's a matter of UK determining who, when, where and why people are here.

Ignoring the immigration aspect, it is also a question of self-determination, having our own defence vs an EU army (plans are underway), fishing and agricultural laws and rights.

And lastly the EU costs £350m per week. Yep, that's enough for a state of the art, fully staffed hospital every week for the UK, or over 100 miles of new motorway every week.

Such a mind numbing waste of UK taxpayers money is drained into the EU black hole. What incredible infrastructure and housing we could have with this money spent in the UK on UK citizens.

One last point. Looks at the countries due to join after the UK vote.

EU enlargement: The next seven - BBC News

A vote in is bankrolling these countries and open doors to them all here, for free healtcare, free benefits and free housing. All paid for by you, and your family and ultimately by your children. Free movement means no background checks, people can walk out of a Kosovo prison and into the house next to you, and legally, there's nothing to stop this.

Comment

Without immigration this country would go the way of Japan.

For some reason the Japanese don't like where they are now. Which I don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
        I am not sure yet which way my vote will go, but the date is getting closer and closer, so I will need to decide.
        If you are smart or not sure - VOTE STAY.

If you are a cretin - VOTE LEAVE.

It's that simple.

Comment

If you are smart or not sure - VOTE LEAVE.

If you are a cretin - VOTE STAY.

It's that simple.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            If you are smart or not sure - VOTE LEAVE.

If you are a cretin - VOTE STAY.

It's that simple.
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This pretty much sums up the intelligence level of the "Leavers".

They think that by parroting or mirroring moves they somehow can win, tried that strategy in chess?

Comment

As a "Leaver", your summation of my intelligence has about as much accuracy as a sundial on a cloudy day
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                As a "Leaver", your summation of my intelligence has about as much accuracy as a sundial on a cloudy day
                Please provide the summation of your intellectual argument for leaving EU.

Comment

Maybe a visual representation would help?

Vote Brexit:

Vote "be steam rollered by EU superstate, or else":

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Leaving the EU is not about reducing immigration. Anyone who thinks leaving the EU will magically vanish all the immigrants and reduce the immigration level to zero is an idiot.

Immigration is one small aspect of leaving the EU. Leaving the EU will at least allow the UK to legally and carefully examine those who wish to settle here, in the same way that Canada, USA, NZ and Australia do. It also would allow us to decide who is and isn't an asylum seeker, who is an economic migrant and who is a possible threat to our health and wellbeing (health "tourist" and or terrorist).

At the moment, we have zero control over these aspects of migration. It's a matter of UK determining who, when, where and why people are here.

Ignoring the immigration aspect, it is also a question of self-determination, having our own defence vs an EU army (plans are underway), fishing and agricultural laws and rights.

And lastly the EU costs £350m per week. Yep, that's enough for a state of the art, fully staffed hospital every week for the UK, or over 100 miles of new motorway every week.

Such a mind numbing waste of UK taxpayers money is drained into the EU black hole. What incredible infrastructure and housing we could have with this money spent in the UK on UK citizens.

One last point. Looks at the countries due to join after the UK vote.

EU enlargement: The next seven - BBC News

A vote in is bankrolling these countries and open doors to them all here, for free healtcare, free benefits and free housing. All paid for by you, and your family and ultimately by your children. Free movement means no background checks, people can walk out of a Kosovo prison and into the house next to you, and legally, there's nothing to stop this.
                    You say that, but all I hear from the Leave camp is the immigration aspect only!

Comment

Working...
                    X