• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Day rates in banking sector

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day rates in banking sector

Just now received an email from a pimp, who doest really know me and what I do. I am very far from banking sector or programming, but the offer was for Data Analyst at £455 per day.
    Out of interest is that a good or bad day rate for banking sector IT?

Depends.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Everyone else earns £467.89 per day.

Its an email. They can write what they want. The actual rate maybe more or less.

And where is the role based? Which bank?

Without banking experience your CV will probably be binned anyway.....

Comment

200-1500pd

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
          Just now received an email from a pimp, who doest really know me and what I do. I am very far from banking sector or programming, but the offer was for Data Analyst at £455 per day.
          Out of interest is that a good or bad day rate for banking sector IT?
          Data Analyst sounds a fair distance from programming too.
          Not saying you won't get into banking without experience but given the number of contractors now on the market with banking experience (thanks to cuts at various banks), you'll be back of the queue. If you're offered 455 v a seasoned banking pro getting 600, then that's about right. You've got to take a lower rate to get your foot in the door at times. Still not a bad rate in the current climate.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I don't intend to go for it. Just curious about the rates in banking.

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
              I don't intend to go for it. Just curious about the rates in banking.
              Generally about 10-20% higher than other rates I've had in London. That said, accommodation and food are cheaper elsewhere as Canary Wharf and the City are bereft of cheap hotels, so you either end up with a ridiculous commute or seeing most of the pay difference evaporate. That and Canary Wharf and Bank are horrendously busy stations.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

DOE.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                X