• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to reset those passwords

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to reset those passwords

Millions of hacked LinkedIn IDs advertised 'for sale' - BBC News

A hacker is advertising what he says is more than one hundred million LinkedIn logins for sale.
    The IDs were reportedly sourced from a breach four years ago, which had previously been thought to have included a fraction of that number.
    At the time, the business-focused social network said it had reset the accounts of those it thought had been compromised.
    LinkedIn now plans to repeat the measure on a much larger scale.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

One of the benefits of using a password management app, regular prompts me to change passwords, uses a very complex one, and a different password for each site.

I use 1password
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      One of the benefits of using a password management app, regular prompts me to change passwords, uses a very complex one, and a different password for each site.

I use 1password
      I normally use Password1
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I use yellow post-it's under my keyboard. No-one'll ever think of looking there.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          I use yellow post-it's under my keyboard. No-one'll ever think of looking there.
          Realistically it is quite safe there. No hacker is going to risk breaking into your house for one password when they can nab a million off LinkedIn.
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            You might be righter than you think..

Many moons ago, I was complaining about my pens being stolen and a fellow contractor suggested leaving them under my keyboard when away from my desk.

He was right - never lost a pen since. Now to find some post-it notes..........

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I use 1password
              So you let an app manage all your passwords for you?

Comment

It's best to have all your passwords the same one cos if you have more there's more chance of a hacker guessing one of them.

Simples!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  I normally use Password123
                  FTFY

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    So you let an app manage all your passwords for you?
                    Yep, locally stored fully encrypted, means o only have to remember one pass phrase then the app handles the 20 digit complex password with upper lower numbers and special characters.

I assume you use post it notes?

Comment

Working...
                    X