• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit = lower house prices and lower rental

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit = lower house prices and lower rental

That's today's scare.

Apparently London prices would fall by £10k........WOW!!! And national by £2k. That's about 1 months recent increase I think.

And rents would fall too. Shame.

Are we the only country in the world that thinks paying more for somewhere to live is good?

A terrible scenario, a future where more people can afford a decent place to live.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      A terrible scenario, a future where more people can afford a decent place to live.
      Especially if they're buying in foreign currency.

Comment

£2K reduction in house prices doesn't help you very much if your wages have fallen £10K.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Every time you think they've hit peak fear they come up with another one.

Forget war, famine, pestilence. The ultimate terror for British voters...falling house prices.

Write the report, get it on the BBC!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            £2K reduction in house prices doesn't help you very much if your wages have fallen £10K.
            F*** off George.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post

Forget war, famine, pestilence. The ultimate terror for British voters...falling house prices.

Not everyone wants prices to keep going up.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post

Wow, I just wrote almost exactly the same thing in another thread. I promise I didn't steal it from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                  Wow, I just wrote almost exactly the same thing in another thread. I promise I didn't steal it from here.
                  Carl Jung says "hi!".

Comment

Everything will be lower. but will proportions be better? highly doubht

Comment

Working...
                    X