• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official Fool of the day ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Fool of the day ...

... or should I say 'American of the day' ? Lanarkshire? Seriously?

Upperton flat priced at £1 bought for £20,000 - BBC News

AtW - What is your Official view on Americans? By the way, I'll let you confirm the official status of this thread.

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    ... or should I say 'American of the day' ? Lanarkshire? Seriously?

Upperton flat priced at £1 bought for £20,000 - BBC News

AtW - What is your Official view on Americans? By the way, I'll let you confirm the official status of this thread.
    Why is this guy a fool?

At the end of the day he's bought a three bedroom flat for only £20,000, somewhere he said he always wanted to own one.

Regardless of the £1 bollox publicity stunt, that sounds to me like a big win.

Also, from Airdrie it looks like an easy commute to either Glasgow or Edinburgh. So it seems like there's good BTL potential.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

""On completion of works, this fantastic opportunity would be an ideal buy-to-let investment, offering an outstanding potential rental yield.""

Sounds like he got a great deal.

£1 was probably starting prize with reserve being a lot higher.

I like it that he did not snipe it using software on auction, now that would be deplorable.

Comment

I thought this was a post about someone on here
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          I thought this was a post about someone on here
          me 2. I had my suspicions of who would that be

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            I'll let you confirm the official status of this thread.
            It's unofficial, naturally.

All official threads posted by somebody who isn't me require an official DoTAS number - Disclosure of Thread's Approval Status

HTH

Comment

Working...
            X