• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bananas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bananas

An hour ago bought in Waitrose two packs of 6 bananas in each pack.

Are they legal?

Don't want to eat something that EU does not allow.

Please advise.

tia

Banana!

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Look on the bright side. What you have to put up with from the EU does not compare to what will happen when I achieve my dictatorship ambitions. Giant deformed bananas up yer * will be just the beginning.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Are they legal?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Look on the bright side. What you have to put up with from the EU does not compare to what will happen when I achieve my dictatorship ambitions. Giant deformed bananas up yer * will be just the beginning.
          Your pathetic dictatorship ambitions are second to mine...

Comment

It is what you propose to do with them that is illegal.

Comment

Are they legal?

Please advise.

tia
              Key information missing. What did you pay?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhbMPw8rHEw

Comment

Are they legal?

Please advise.

tia
                  You should hand yourself in forthwith, so as not to keep the firing squad waiting...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Are they legal?

Please advise.

tia
                    Have you or your accountant read the regulations?

First page of the PDF is below - feel free to download the rest - it's only 7 pages.

"COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 2257/94
                    of 16 September 1994
                    laying down quality standards for bananas
                    (Text with EEA relevance)
                    THE COMMISSION OF THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES,
                    Having regard to the Treaty establishing the European Community,
                    Having regard to Council Regulation (EEC) No 404/93 of 13 February
                    1993 on the common organization of the market in bananas (1), as
                    amended by Commission Regulation (EC) No 3518/93 (2), and in particular
                    Article 4 thereof,
                    Whereas Regulation (EEC) No 404/93 makes provision for laying down
                    common quality standards for bananas intended for consumption fresh,
                    not including plantains; whereas the purpose of these standards is to
                    ensure that the market is supplied with products of uniform and satisfactory
                    quality, in particular in the case of bananas harvested in the
                    Community, for which efforts to improve quality should be made;
                    Whereas, given the wide range of varieties marketed in the Community
                    and of marketing practices, minimum standards should be set for unripened
                    green bananas, without prejudice to the later introduction of standards
                    applicable at a different marketing stage; whereas the characteristics
                    of fig bananas and the way in which they are marketed are such that
                    they should not be covered by the Community standards;
                    Whereas the banana-producing Member States already apply national
                    standards within their territory at different stages in the marketing of
                    bananas; whereas it seems appropriate, in view of the objectives
                    pursued, to allow these existing rules to continue to apply to their own
                    production but only at stages subsequent to unripened green bananas,
                    provided those rules are not in conflict with the Community standards
                    and do not impede the free circulation of bananas in the Community;
                    Whereas account should be taken of the fact that, because climatic
                    factors make production conditions difficult in the Community regions
                    of Madeira, the Azores, the Algarve, Crete and Lakonia, bananas there
                    do not develop to the minimum length laid down; whereas in these cases
                    such bananas may still be marketed, but only in Class II;
                    Whereas the Management Committee for Bananas"

Comment

Working...
                    X