• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muirfield

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muirfield

No more Open at Muirfield after golf club votes against allowing women to join as members

Peter Alliss, the veteran BBC commentator, was one of the few to go public in supporting Muirfield, telling The Daily Telegraph that the R&A’s stance is “bull----” and *informing Radio 5 Live that if *“ladies want to play Muirfield they should marry members”

One thing I noticed was that none of the members interviewed had a Scottish accent.

I can see why the Tories struggle so much in Scotland.

My own view is that they can do what they like but they should have the Open championship taken away from them.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

They didn't actually vote against it (if you want your thread to have some facts in it, hope you don't mind).

They required a 2/3 vote for admitting the split arses. More voted for than against. Just not enough.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Why can't you have a men only golf club?

There are more women only golf clubs in the UK than men's.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

Because women want their revenge!

Comment

There's Ladies only swimming sessions at my local pool and the gym has a ladies own training area, maybe I should petition for a men's equivalent? At the end of the day its up to them, move on nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Because women want their revenge!
            This.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              There's Ladies only swimming sessions at my local pool and the gym has a ladies own training area, maybe I should petition for a men's equivalent? At the end of the day its up to them, move on nothing to see here.
              far too logical its destroying the Misandrist abuse of Wimmin by excluding them and driving them down sister.

They could of course found their own Golf club....

The women only fund raising events get on my nerves as well.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Hell yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

That is not the point. The point is how can you host the biggest competition in the game at a golf club that does not allow women to be members. The only reason they are allowed to play at all is to placate the wives anyway.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    That is not the point. The point is how can you host the biggest competition in the game at a golf club that does not allow women to be members. The only reason they are allowed to play at all is to placate the wives anyway.
                    Wrong. Check my previous post.

Comment

Working...
                    X