• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

baby sitting worth minimum wage?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baby sitting worth minimum wage?

Cost of baby sitting | Mumsnet Discussion

Our baby sister recently told us that she is putting her costs up to minimum wage per hour, £7.20 an hour. Am i being unreasonable to think this is too much? She comes round when our 3 year old daughter is asleep and waits until we get home. Only once has she woken up and needed a drink and so the sitter is just sitting watching tv the rest of the time. Is this a normal amount to pay? we paid £6 before. aibu?
    We don't pay babysitters all the other mums will look after our kids for free, just as we do for them, but its interesting how much is your kid worth?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

How old is she?

Year 25 and over 21 to 24 18 to 20 Under 18 Apprentice
    April 2016 (current rate) £7.20 £6.70 £5.30 £3.87 £3.30
    https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I was shocked that she's calling a 40 year old woman her baby sister.

Our baby sister recently told us that she is putting her costs up to minimum wage per hour, £7.20 an hour
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

We pay £40 for 4 hours, but she looks after two boys (7 & 5) and will actual get involved with them (frequently come home pissed to some baking or other edibles which makes a great midnight feast ).
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Is she under supervision, direction or control?

Comment

What baby sitting are we referring to here?

I'm always happy to pay the minimum wage

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Is she under supervision, direction or control?
              Got some videos on that subject

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                Got some videos on that subject
                no she is worried about how to tax you.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Cost of baby sitting | Mumsnet Discussion

We don't pay babysitters all the other mums will look after our kids for free, just as we do for them, but its interesting how much is your kid worth?
                  I'll do it for £1000 per hour (of course I will delegate to some scroaty contractor for £8.00) after all how much is your kid worth?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

no doubt some middle class chunt that has a man running round after her . and a few BTL full of scummy renters

£7.20 a hr why even bother

Comment

Working...
                    X