• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abbey Business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbey Business

Hello,

long time no speak. Has anyone had any issues with Abbey Business banking with regards to setting up future dated bill paymetns, but then found they had not been paid ??

It's probably me, but I am 99% sure when I filled in my VAT form last month (22 Sep) I set up a bill payment at the same time to come out of the bank the end of the month - the payment details are on the form and I remember copying them down - directly into the bill payment?

Anyway to cut a long story short I had a red reminder today from mr Vatman. I have checked online but there is no sign of a bll payment made or refused. As there is not mmuch going through the accounts I usually only do a catch up the end of every month.

Grovelling phone call tomorrow

Honestly, we don't see you for months on end and when you do come home it's to ask for help.

You treat this place like a hotel/CAB/...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Just asked my mate who uses Abbey and he said he's never had a problem with doing that.

Did you go all the way through...I know some have pages that look like it is all sorted but there is a final "confirm" button usually lurking somewhere on the page.

Comment

sounds like user error

I've never had a problem.
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Fair enough - I hold my hands up, must be old age.

Spoke to a very nice lady at the VAT office and apologised. (cheque in the post !)

Comment

Must be user error. I use Abbey Biz and find the Payment Schedule easy to use...As someone previously said, probably an extra Confirm click was needed?
            "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

I can't fault the Abbey online banking system. It works and it's straightforward. However, they recently changed the way bill payments work to a two-step payment system, where the first step is where you set up the details of the payment and the second is where you actually make the payment. The reason for this being that you can store the payment details of a supplier once and use those details to pay the supplier several times.

Maybe you're falling foul of this?

Comment

I am happy to with Abbey too, will check again at the next VAT quarter

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme
                  I am happy to with Abbey too, will check again at the next VAT quarter
                  Why not set up a duirect debit for the VAT payment, this way the VAT man takers the amount on the return 7 days later than its due date.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme
                    Hello,

long time no speak. Has anyone had any issues with Abbey Business banking with regards to setting up future dated bill paymetns, but then found they had not been paid ??

It's probably me, but I am 99% sure when I filled in my VAT form last month (22 Sep) I set up a bill payment at the same time to come out of the bank the end of the month - the payment details are on the form and I remember copying them down - directly into the bill payment?

Anyway to cut a long story short I had a red reminder today from mr Vatman. I have checked online but there is no sign of a bll payment made or refused. As there is not mmuch going through the accounts I usually only do a catch up the end of every month.

Grovelling phone call tomorrow
                    I have the same problem with Abbey, from my personal account. Heaven knows how many times I've instructed them (in India) to make a bill payment, only to be promised it will be put through as soon as the computer is up and running, and then find it hasn't been done.

Comment

Working...
                    X