• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you call a group of old age pensioners handing out leaflets?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you call a group of old age pensioners handing out leaflets?

BREXITers

7 or 8 old doddery feckers in my local town campaigning for Brexit. Most won't even remember to turn up for the vote with their collective dementia.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    BREXITers

7 or 8 old doddery feckers in my local town campaigning for Brexit. Most won't even remember to turn up for the vote with their collective dementia.
    Yes, but as long as SOME of them remember, the rest will follow them. They have all day to vote too.
    The ones most likely to forget to vote are all those generation Y twitter-dependant whingers that somehow imagine that a vote to remain will stop the sky from falling in because they have listened to the promises of people with vested interests.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I'm with the old fuddy duddies for BREXIT!
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I'm voting for a free, democratic Britain, which controls it's own armed forces, and can control it's own borders, and can invest £350m per week into it's own infrastructure under it's own rules.

Not saying which way I'm voting though.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I'm voting for a free, democratic Britain, which controls it's own armed forces, and can control it's own borders, and can invest £350m per week into it's own infrastructure under it's own rules.

Not saying which way I'm voting though.
          Britain doesn't pay £350m per week to the EU, so where will it get that amount to invest? Higher taxes?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Britain doesn't pay £350m per week to the EU, so where will it get that amount to invest? Higher taxes?
            It does pay £350m per week. Some comes back as a 'rebate' but the UK has no say on how this rebate is spent or allocated, Brussels decides.

An out means £350m per week can be allocated however we decide. It's already taken from taxation, and handed to Brussels, so taxes do not need to rise to gain control of this money.

HTH BIDI since you are incapable of any vision or thought beyond what Camoron and Gidiot feed you.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I think you'll find it does.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

It does pay £350m per week. Some comes back as a 'rebate' but the UK has no say on how this rebate is spent or allocated, Brussels decides.

An out means £350m per week can be allocated however we decide. It's already taken from taxation, and handed to Brussels, so taxes do not need to rise to gain control of this money.

HTH BIDI since you are incapable of any vision or thought beyond what Camoron and Gidiot feed you.
                No, it doesn't "come back as a 'rebate'". The rebate is applied before it's paid. Also, the "some" that doesn't come back because it never goes is around £100m per week, meaning we pay £250m per week.

But your figures also don't take account of the money that does come back, in that it's spent on the UK by the EU ("invested in our infrastructure" if you like), which is around £86m per week.

So the net contribution from the UK to the EU is around £164m per week.

Now, if you don't want us to be paying that, that's fine; but at least base your objections on the facts, rather than choosing a figure that exists only in some nebulous realm of accountancy but looks bigger. Size isn't everything

Comment

Like I would ever believe a single word that came from the festering maws of those foul and worthless Tory scumbags

Comment

its

4 times in one sentence.

You can't even get ' right, why do you think you are qualified to judge much more complex subjects like Brexit?

You do what good uncle EU tells you, now there's a good boy!

Comment

Working...
                    X