• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golf clubs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf clubs

Trying to find a decent set of golf clubs but don't want to break the bank because I don't play too often.

Anyone know a decent set or website?

eBay?

Comment

Well, don't buy off a website - you need to get the feel for them.

I'd suggest going to somewhere like American Golf (check their website for your nearest store Golf Clubs and Golf Equipment Online - American Golf ) and pick up something from there.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Golf Bidder

Used golf equipment - Golfbidder: The Official PGA Golf Club Exchange

What is your handicap?
        16-28 - Game Improvers
        8-16 - Game Improvers / Cavity Backs
        0-8 - Cavity Backs / Muscle Backs / Blades
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          Golf Bidder

Used golf equipment - Golfbidder: The Official PGA Golf Club Exchange

What is your handicap?
          16-28 - Game Improvers
          8-16 - Game Improvers / Cavity Backs
          0-8 - Cavity Backs / Muscle Backs / Blades
          Errrr..... whatever is the worst

Those clubs are too expensive

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post

You did say "decent". If you want cheap, crap clubs, then any Charity shop will have plenty. If you are a crap golfer, then don't buy crap clubs. Considering that a round of golf costs you anywhere between £30 - £150 per round, it is a false economy.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

So you want to go swinging with the boys and you are looking for local clubs.

Right!

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post

If you are a genuine 28 handicapper then you just want a set of cheap bats from Amazon for about 150.

Getting more expensive bats will not have anywhere near the same impact on your game as a few lessons and lots of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  If you are a genuine 28 handicapper then you just want a set of cheap bats from Amazon for about 150.

Getting more expensive bats will not have anywhere near the same impact on your game as a few lessons and lots of practice.
                  Yeah I think you're right. Any tips on brands?

Comment

At that price, they're all pretty similar. If you can get some Taylor Made or Ping on offer, go for it. Otherwise you may as well pop into Costco and get their latest offering (they usually have a golf bag and clubs offer on).
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X