• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So I was speaking to an Italian recruitment agent yesterday.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Italy like. You know they're all the same, just with a different accent. Later in the conversation I asked about this referendum nonsense.

"You know I think it would be very sad if the UK left the EU. The impact on the UK would be the same to the EU, economic disaster. But I understand they have to make their own choice. For me, the EU has generally been taking the right direction to the benefit of all, I really don't understand why it is hated so much in the UK"

I've heard this before, from a German and a Danish fellow I was working with recently. The common thing that strikes me between them all is how far apart we stand from our European neighbours. Even without the EU our neighbours would look at us somewhat differently. There's no doubt of that in my head. Every minute this referendum nonsense stays afloat, damage is being done.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

...but did he finish with:
    "Ho solo bisogno di due riferimenti"
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

We hate the EU, not Europe.

HTH BIDI

Last edited by NotAllThere; 26 May 2016, 08:39. Reason: Subsequent

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        ...but did he finish with:
        "Ho solo bisogno di due riferimenti"
        Soy capitain

Soy capitain

La la bamba
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          In Italy like. You know they're all the same, just with a different accent. Later in the conversation I asked about this referendum nonsense.

"You know I think it would be very sad if the UK left the EU. The impact on the UK would be the same to the EU, economic disaster. But I understand they have to make their own choice. For me, the EU has generally been taking the right direction to the benefit of all, I really don't understand why it is hated so much in the UK"

I've heard this before, from a German and a Danish fellow I was working with recently. The common thing that strikes me between them all is how far apart we stand from our European neighbours. Even without the EU our neighbours would look at us somewhat differently. There's no doubt of that in my head. Every minute this referendum nonsense stays afloat, damage is being done.
          He sounds really bright
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Soy capitain

Soy capitain

La la bamba

Είναι όλα απλά ελληνικά για να σας
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Είναι όλα απλά ελληνικά για να σας
              dýo boukália býra kai éna bol me eliés parakaló.

Comment

i ha ki arnick vas d gsak ha
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  i ha ki arnick vas d ha gsak
                  Singing do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do

Comment

Mundian te bacha ke
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                    X