• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poor Fail2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Fail2

DMGT, publisher of the Daily Mail and Mail Online, sees share price fall nine per cent after company issues profit warning as supermarkets cut costs on print advertising | City A.M.

Shares in DMGT fell by nine per cent today after the Daily Mail publisher reported a double-digit decline in print advertising led by cost-cutting supermarkets.

DMGT issued a profit warning after its DMG Media division – which houses the Mail and Metro newspapers as well as Mail Online and makes up around a third of turnover – reported a four per cent decline in revenues to £358m in the six months to 31 March.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Can't see most of the dead wood national press lasting more than a year or two now.

I gather the Guardian has just announced it is stopping production of hard copy newspapers.

What on Earth will all those PC-averse pensioners do?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Can't see most of the dead wood national press lasting more than a year or two now.

I gather the Guardian has just announced it is stopping production of hard copy newspapers.

What on Earth will all those PC-averse pensioners do?
        what will their budgies tulip on?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This has been on the cards for 20 odd years. The thing that I find amazing was how totally blind the papers seemed to be about it.

Even in the 90s the model for places like the mail was that the Advertising mostly funded the paper with little revenue coming from the price. Yet the sales teams that earned all the revenue were treated like tulipe compared to the writers. I haven't had a print paper for years but I still can bring myself to pay for the times or telegraph online

Comment

Working...
          X