• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit to save Rubies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit to save Rubies

https://www.asian-voice.com/News/UK/...eferendum-fate

On last week Wednesday Employment Minister Priti Patel, addressing how uncontrolled EU immigration harming the skilled curry industry said, “Uncontrolled immigration from the EU has led to tougher controls on migrants from the rest of the world.

"This means that we cannot bring in the talents and the skills we need to support our economy. By voting to leave we can take back control of our immigration policies, save our curry houses and join the rest of the world.”
    You know it makes sense!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

We don't have enough British Asians who can cook a curry?

I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      We don't have enough British Asians who can cook a curry?

I find that hard to believe.
      As a result of good integration, as soon as they become British they don't want the job anymore, so new Asians need to be recruited

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        As a result of good integration, as soon as they become British they don't want the job anymore, so new Asians need to be recruited
        unemployment among Bangladeshis is very high, considering the majority of restaurant curries are made with simple sauces many of which are pre designed or made its a bit much to suggest only a native can cook them.

These guys have been trying it on for years, someone should tell them to train their youth to be chefs and STFU.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          unemployment among Bangladeshis is very high, considering the majority of restaurant curries are made with simple sauces many of which are pre designed or made its a bit much to suggest only a native can cook them.

These guys have been trying it on for years, someone should tell them to train their youth to be chefs and STFU.
          Hmm there is a difference between an average curry and a great one... but I sort of agree with you.

Comment

This happened because some one took their skill off of the skilled persons register that is used to sort out the quotas for who they let in...

And then they started raiding curry houses to find the illegal immigrants that were trying to earn a living doing a job none of the UK nationals want

What really bugs me is that if the Border Agency raided a few of their own departments I am willing to bet that there would be Visa holders over on ICT rules that are not being trained or taking the work off shore...
            Last edited by bobspud; 26 May 2016, 16:03.

Comment

Because as soon as we vote for a Brexit the government is going to relax all the immigration controls and let loads more non-EU nationals in
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Because as soon as we vote for a Brexit the government is going to relax all the immigration controls and let loads more non-EU nationals in
                I prefer my IT competitors European.

As they tend not to like getting ripped off and treated like tulip.

I learnt that with my last permie employer who worked out they had to replace all European citizens with non-European ones.

The European people I worked with were from countries as varied as Norway and Poland. Over 12 months they got rid of us all, and ensured only the South Africans were left and hired people from India and Pakistan.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I prefer my IT competitors European.

As they tend not to like getting ripped off and treated like tulip.

I learnt that with my last permie employer who worked out they had to replace all European citizens with non-European ones.

The European people I worked with were from countries as varied as Norway and Poland. Over 12 months they got rid of us all, and ensured only the South Africans were left and hired people from India and Pakistan.
                  Globalisation 'innit. We all benefit. Especially those living on super yachts or in giant villas in hot sunny tax havens.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Globalisation 'innit. We all benefit. Especially those living on super yachts or in giant villas in hot sunny tax havens.
                    What I didn't add was the firm where French...
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X