• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit

I've decided, even though I've voting rights, that I'm leaving the vote to UK nationals. Being pole and naturally after remain , I think the vote should be yours and only yours.

Good for you.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I didn't think you got a vote? Or are you a British citizen? In which case you really ought to vote.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I didn't think you got a vote? Or are you a British citizen? In which case you really ought to vote.
        As a resident I do have voting rights (it's quite unique in the world to be honest). You just register on the page and they send you a letter which you send back..

You think how scotland lost their vote?
        Last edited by diseasex; 27 May 2016, 12:02.

Comment

I thought it was British citizens only. Got a link to where it says you can vote? I'm genuinely interested.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            I thought it was British citizens only. Got a link to where it says you can vote? I'm genuinely interested.
            Who is eligible to vote at a UK general election?

In England, Scotland or Wales, you can register to vote online at gov.uk/register-to-vote.

In Northern Ireland, visit our Register to vote in Northern Ireland page to download a registration form.To vote in a UK general election a person must be registered to vote and also

18 or over
            be a British citizen, a qualifying Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of the Republic of Ireland
            not be subject to any legal incapacity to vote

Now being "citizen" is what is being funny. It simply means to rent a room/house

Comment

Do I have to register to take part in the EU referendum?

A lot of people asked about this. To be clear, if you are a British, Irish or Commonwealth citizen on the electoral register you will be able to vote in the referendum. You will not have to register specially. You can check with your local authority's electoral services team if you are worried that you are not on the register. If you want to take part in the referendum and you are not on the register you have until midnight on Tuesday, 7 June to submit an application for a vote. The deadlines for applying for a postal vote at the referendum are:

Northern Ireland - 5pm, Friday 3 June 2016

Great Britain - 5pm, Wednesday 8 June 2016

In England, Scotland or Wales, you can register to vote online anytime at http://gov.uk/register-to-vote. If you are a British citizen living abroad, you can register to vote online in the same way.

In Northern Ireland, visit the government's Register to vote in Northern Ireland page to download a registration form. If you are an Irish citizen living abroad who was born in Northern Ireland, visit the Electoral Office for Northern Ireland website to download the correct form.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                Now being "citizen" is what is being funny. It simply means to rent a room/house
                This is a wind-up surely?
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

This is a wind-up surely?
                  Nope i can confirm I could register to vote as soon as i came to the country and had a place to live.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    I've decided, even though I've voting rights, that I'm leaving the vote to UK nationals. Being pole and naturally after remain , I think the vote should be yours and only yours.
                    I'd anyday vote to bring Poland into the UK. Them lasses ....

Comment

Working...
                    X