• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lottery winners - how do they remain anonymous successfully?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lottery winners - how do they remain anonymous successfully?

These jackpot winners - How do they remain anonymous, given that they do have to go to the camelot office to collect prize/validate the winnings whatever (as it says on the website), and also given that the media will be trolling everyone going into the office and trying to take photos/videos of their coming/going out, etc. and possibly trying to speak to them for interviews?

Also, when the cheque / deposit goes into the account, obviously the bank staff do get to know anyway. So they may leak the info.

So, this anonymity that Camelot offers, is it for real, practically speaking?

Just curious! Of course, I have not won a jackpot! (Will i ever???)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Given me 5 more numbers, and it will at least be useful for me to play them Euro Mills

Comment

1. Tick the no publicity box
        2. If you win enough camelot come to you
        3. Live your life as normal

However if you win over £5 million expect the media to stalk you so you may as well go public and move to where a lot of millionaires/wealthy people live.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The press don't actually bother stalking lottery winners any more. In the first few years it was a big story every time, but the public lose interest in such things after a while. The Sun no longer bothers running a hotline offering a £1,000 reward (or however much it was) if you grass up somebody who's won the jackpot but wants to remain anonymous, the way they did in the first year or two.

There's enough big winners who choose to go public to provide a story every few months, and that's enough to keep the tabloids happy. It's no longer really very interesting news even by their low bar.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The press don't actually bother stalking lottery winners any more. In the first few years it was a big story every time, but the public lose interest in such things after a while. The Sun no longer bothers running a hotline offering a £1,000 reward (or however much it was) if you grass up somebody who's won the jackpot but wants to remain anonymous, the way they did in the first year or two.
            That's a pity, it was a great way to make another grand on top of your million winnings.

MF

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              That's a pity, it was a great way to make another grand on top of your million winnings.

MF
              You only make that money when you get caught in a threesome and someone gets a super injunction.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Lawyers make that kind of money when somebody gets caught in a threesome and asks for a super injunction.
                FTFY

Comment

OP - PM me, I will tell you how.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
                    These jackpot winners - How do they remain anonymous, given that they do have to go to the camelot office to collect prize/validate the winnings whatever (as it says on the website), and also given that the media will be trolling everyone going into the office and trying to take photos/videos of their coming/going out, etc. and possibly trying to speak to them for interviews?

Also, when the cheque / deposit goes into the account, obviously the bank staff do get to know anyway. So they may leak the info.

So, this anonymity that Camelot offers, is it for real, practically speaking?

Just curious! Of course, I have not won a jackpot! (Will i ever???)
                    There's always the guaranteed method or remaining anonymous - don't claim the prize...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X