• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Referendum - postal application

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU Referendum - postal application

Just received the poll card for me and my wife, for the referendum. Not sure why it has taken them so much time to send this to us.
    Anywy, we want to do it by post, mainly because I will be at work pretty early on that date, and also its a travel for about an two hours to customer site.
    The wife does not want to go alone for the vote without me. So we decided to go postal.

I am going to apply for the postal vote, printing out the postal vote application form for each of us.

Questions (could not find answers in the postal vote application forms):

1. I have got only the Black/White cartridge now. Is it ok if we print out the form in Black and white, fill it up, sign etc. and send it?
    Do they require it in Colour print?

2. If we posted this tomorrow, reaching them on say Thursday, would there be enough time for them to send to us the postal vote ballot paper in time for us to mark our decision , sign and send back?

TIA.

You really want to be banned don't you?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What was wrong with my question please?
      Is it illegal to apply for postal vote?

Comment

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
        What was wrong with my question please?
        Is it illegal to apply for postal vote?
        Yes if it's you cos you ain't real.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Yes if it's you cos you ain't real.
          Are you drunk too much today?
          If you cannot or do not want to be helpful in answering, please walk away, rather than trolling like this.

The government website does say it's legal to do postal vote for eu referendum.

My question is genuine. If you are still interested in answering it, please do.
          Last edited by Milkyway; 29 May 2016, 18:26.

Comment

Are you drunk too much today?
            If you cannot or do not want to be helpful in answering, please walk away, rather than trolling like this.

My question is genuine. If you are still interested in answering it, please do.
            I have my postal vote already.

If your wife is too feeble to go to the polling station on her own I suggest you talk to your neighbours. One if them would probably accompany her.

Alternatively one of the campaigns will "help" her get to the polling station.

Comment

2. If we posted this tomorrow, reaching them on say Thursday, would there be enough time for them to send to us the postal vote ballot paper in time for us to mark our decision , sign and send back?

TIA.
              That will be plenty of time. 2 of my sons have just applied for postal votes as they will be abroad on the day of the vote.
              Best to just ignore SueEllen, it is probably the wrong time of the month or something.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I have a time of the month every time I respond to trolling idiots like milkyway.

I wonder whose troll he his...

Anyway he will get banned at some point.

Comment

Working...
                X