• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

couple struggling with 200k pa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘We’re struggling to get by on £200,000 a year’ - FT.com

i know you love them articles

£200K is the new £20K

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      £200K is the new £20K
      +1

Thought that too.

What's more criminal is that there is no combined household allowance for tax purposes in UK - so in cases when wife stays at home and husband makes half decent money he gets totally ****ed over tax wise.

Maybe we should blame EU for that? Oh wait, in France they've got combined household income for tax purposes!

Comment

I didn't know you could buy expensive houses in Croydon!
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I didn't know you could buy expensive houses in Croydon!
          i dont get it , thats bloody 11k a month . how on earth you can spend it all and struggle! ******* idiots that's all

Comment

"The cost of obtaining the traditional markers of status — owning your own home and sending your children to public schools — has rocketed, particularly within London and the south east."

Well, if you live your life according to what others think of your "markers of status", you'll find you're wasting a lot of money trying to impress the kind of wanker who's impressed by "markers of status", and also wasting your entire life in the attempt to impress said wankers. And as they're wankers, their opinion isn't really worth all that.

Mods: yes, I circumvented the naughty words filter. But I needed people to understand that I was talking about wankers and not fuckers, which have the same number of stars and therefore can't easily be distinguished if the filter is applied, though they're clearly quite different entities. So fair use, I reckon.
            Last edited by NickFitz; 30 May 2016, 03:47.

Comment

The middle class has been hollowed out over the last 20 years. Too late to fix it now.

In the 70-80, we said farewell to the working class.
              Then this century the middle class.

What governments have learnt is, if you try to change the status que when things are bad there is a lot of resistance. Wait for, or generate a boom, war, introduce changes with a delayed effect. Job done, the rich get richer etc.

For some reason people have not realised government is at its most dangerous during a boom as nobody is checking, they are too busy spending money they don't really have.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                Wow. INKSPE.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Either they are bluffing or they burn money on hookers (male and female) left, right and centre.

Don't see another reason.

Comment

Huge mortgage and sizeable private school fees I'm guessing.

Comment

Working...
                    X