• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREXIT, Don't be a "MUG"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BREXIT, Don't be a "MUG"

To put it mildly the UK has got a crap deal with Europe. Can you imagine a country like Japan (hypothetical fantasy) running a huge trade deficit with the UK, and then the UK saying to Japan, if you want to keep selling your goods into the UK tariff free you will need to pay us for the privilege of doing it. What would they say to that? If we left Europe, and they said to us will will charge a 5% import duty on all your goods, we would just do the same to them. (providing we are not spineless) If you can work out simple maths we will be better off, and that's just on the trade, we would save all the money we pay them as well. OK if that were to happen, you might say, maybe the price of imported food will go up, well you may be right, but home produce will not be subjected to the 5% tariff, we would then buy more of our own farmed goods, which in turn would help our trade deficit with the Europe. The extra revenue the UK government will gain can be put to good use by helping our own farmers or the steel industry, and of course the NHS. How would Japan feel if we also said to them, you have to take countless immigrants as well as pay us 50 million a day for only being able to sell half as much to us as we sell to you. Are we prize mugs, or have I missed something. How hypocritical are the green party being, they want to stay in. Do they not realise all those thousands of immigrants will need somewhere to live. Tandridge has plans for thousands of homes on Green Belt land. Golf Clubs are being sold off in droves to develop housing estates. Lot of countryside is earmarked too. We simply can not cope with the numbers arriving, and it will continue if we stay in. working class people are suffering the most, wages have been cut in order to compete with cheap imported labor, schools are full to the brim, the NHS is at breaking point, Then you have to think about utility's and the service. we will need to build extra water reservoir's or we will have a drought in dry spells, (lots of extra people washing, flushing toilets) then you have power consumption, how much worse can the M25 get, and roads generally are getting worse. How many people here is enough, we are approaching 70m now, maybe 90m or 120m, when is enough, enough. If the government is counting on extra people to pay the pension deficit pot, then that is just a pyramid that can't be sustained, the extra people will get old soon enough, they are just kicking the can down the street for our children to pick up.

I can see the EU has already banned paragraphs and punctuation. The swines!

Comment

TL;DR. Can anyone summarise - is he saying IN or OUT?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

another thread about immigration... are you aware that more than half of immigrants come from outside of eu? why dumberon does nothing about it first?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          He says he wants to get banned for spamming ...

Comment

I've been emphatically for Brexit until now, but you're making me reconsider.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Hokey Cokey?

The latter is sniffed.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                another thread about immigration... are you aware that more than half of immigrants come from outside of eu? why dumberon does nothing about it first?
                That is a very very good question. It's almost as if the LibLabCon want uncontrolled immigration in this country, as if the huge numbers means lots of people willing to work for peanuts, which drives up profits for the big companies...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  He says he wants to get banned for spamming ...

If I were a moderator, I'd hand out infractions for bad grammar, poor sentence or paragraph structure, or just plain copying and pasting drivel.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

First bit of Brexit spam I have seen so thought it would be worth letting through yesterday. Great to see Boris is using his Sunday down-time to good effect.

Comment

Working...
                    X