• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR handed its arse in a sling in tax case

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR handed its arse in a sling in tax case

Surprised some of you gimps havent been all over this like a fat chick over a smarty.

IR lost their case for paying back taxes paid in error...originally argued that the date should start from when the payment was made, not when the payment was identified as being made incorrectly.

See, justice can be done in this country!

Mailman

Originally posted by Mailman
    Surprised some of you gimps havent been all over this like a fat chick over a smarty.

IR lost their case for paying back taxes paid in error...originally argued that the date should start from when the payment was made, not when the payment was identified as being made incorrectly.

See, justice can be done in this country!

Mailman
    Could you rephrase that? From your wording, it seems (to this gimp) that we are worse off as a result of this ruling.

Comment

I guess the interesting thing was that the company in question was argueing for the return of moneys paid outside the legal time limit, which the courts agreed with.

Mailman

Comment

...and the companies involved had deep pockets & could afford to fund a challenge
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

What gets me about the revenue and VAT people is they expect us to be perfect, but its ok for them not to be.

Had a number of conversations with staff at a certain VAT office recently and I know now where all the stupied people work.

Comment

Any chance of a link?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
              Any chance of a link?

Cheers
              any one of the mainstream newspaper's websites.

tim

Comment

Sorry, I read it in yesterday mornings Times as I flew over the pond to Lux.

I will try and dig up a link though.

Regards

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                X