• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Falling off an agency's contact list

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling off an agency's contact list

Just received an email from Vector Resourcing that they're ditching my CV, since it is so out of date, removing my details and taking me off their email list. First time I've received such notification in ~20 years of contracting.

Kudos to them.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just received an email from Vector Resourcing that they're ditching my CV, since it is so out of date, removing my details and taking me off their email list. First time I've received such notification in ~20 years of contracting.

Kudos to them.
    You sound heartbroken.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Kudos to them.
      Did you send them two references to say thanks?

Comment

Kudos to them.
        It would have made more sense if the title had been "Falling off an agency's contact list"
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          It would have made more sense if the title had been "Falling off an agency's contact list"
          ....and also letting us know exactly how out-of-date the details were....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

I had an agency ringing me up with details from 2001 last year....

Edited to say: Yes I do have the same phone number. No I don't have the same email address.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              I'm sure I don't know what you mean.
              Originally posted by greenlake View Post
              2009. So, for the numerically challenged, 7 years.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I had emails from progressive and realstaffing at the same time back in April, Subject: "Is it time to say goodbye?", "If we don’t hear from you, we’ll no longer be able to send you emails, ..."

Realstaffing were true to their word, until yesterday.

To be fair to progressive no peep from them, yet, in all of 6 weeks.

Comment

Kudos to them.

I got mine taken off their list easier than that - when they lied and didn't pay me, my lawyers spent a year arguing with them to get them to pay up. They haven't contacted me since they paid.
                  Lucky escape for you.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Kudos to them.
                    The biggest lie told in history:
                    You have been successfully unsubscribed from our mailing list.

Comment

Working...
                    X