• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British emigrants - last chance to register for EU referendum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British emigrants - last chance to register for EU referendum

overseas-voters - About my vote

The referendum on the United Kingdom's membership of the European Union is on Thursday 23 June 2016.

You can vote in this referendum if you are registered to vote in the UK as an overseas voter, are 18 or over on 23 June 2016 and are:

A British citizen living overseas who has been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years, or
    An Irish citizen living overseas who was born in Northern Ireland and who has been registered to vote in Northern Ireland in the last 15 years.

If you were too young to be registered when you left the UK, you can still register as an overseas voter. You can do this if your parent or guardian was registered to vote in the UK, as long as you last lived in the UK no more than 15 years ago.
    According to this my seven and five year old kids can vote, which sounds wrong but never mind - it's their future too.

If you’re not already registered, you should register to vote as an overseas voter as soon as possible to vote in the EU Referendum.

You can register in the same way as people within the UK. Click the buttons above to register to vote in Great Britain or Northern Ireland.

The registration deadline is midnight on 7 June 2016 (BST) but in order to vote from outside the UK you will need to apply for an ‘absent vote’. You may not have enough time to do so if you don’t act quickly.

The deadline to register for an ‘absent vote’ in Northern Ireland is 3 June 2016 (BST) so you need to register and apply now.

If you are not sure whether you are registered to vote, you should contact the local electoral registration office for the address you were last registered at in the UK. You can find their contact details by entering that postcode below.
    Use you vote and don't let the cretins who lacked the wherewithal to move overseas wreck our future!

A British citizen living overseas who has been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years
    That buggers me up, still...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I wasn't gonna bother voting (never have) but I'll vote 'In' for you for a pack of käsewurst.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        I wasn't gonna bother voting (never have) but I'll vote 'In' for you for a pack of käsewurst.
        Just because you are voting!
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It would appear that a lot of our Remainers are away from the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Use you vote and don't let the cretins who lacked the wherewithal to move overseas wreck our future!
            I didn't realise that RoI counts as overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
              I believe it's over the Irish Sea...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It would appear that a lot of our Remainers are away from the UK.
                To quote someone:

Originally posted by DA .sig
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I believe it's over the Irish Sea...
                  So is Northern Ireland, but that isn't overseas. RoI is also part of the British Isles so I don't think it is considered as such.
                  Last edited by The_Equalizer; 1 June 2016, 12:47.

Comment

Not a foreign country, but overseas in terms of:

Overseas voters

On this page, you can find out:
                    Who can register as an overseas voter
                    How to register to vote as an overseas voter
                    How to vote as an overseas voter
                    Overseas voters - About my vote

Comment

Working...
                    X