• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timewasting twats - selling car privately

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timewasting twats - selling car privately

Been a nightmare but last days events take the biscuit....

Car is 15 years old and only up for £700. I sometimes wonder what people expect for £700. I've had them all from "I thought it'd be in immaculate condition" to "give you £100" to "oh I thought mercedes were bigger than this" (its an A class as the advert states - look it up!)

But sunday guy turned up. Business manager for car dealership wanted for his mrs. Gave me business card. Yep I'll have. Sorry no money on me but I can pay cash tomorrow and pick it up. Sorted I thought.

Monday. Phone call. Banks closed can I come tomorrow 6pm OK. Bit weird but hey.

LAst night no sign of the twat. Phoned him, text him but hes ghosted me it seems. Bit wassed off because I've had other people ring me and I've told them its sold.

Morale of the story = take a deposit.

Funny thing is he gave me his business card. Not sure if I'd be brave enough to act like a tit when someone knows where I work. Can just imagine a nutter strolling into his car showroom and causing a scene. Not clever idea.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Car is 15 years old and only up for £700. I sometimes wonder what people expect for £700. I've had them all from "I thought it'd be in immaculate condition" to "give you £100" to "oh I thought mercedes were bigger than this" (its an A class as the advert states - look it up!)

But sunday guy turned up. Business manager for car dealership wanted for his mrs. Gave me business card. Yep I'll have. Sorry no money on me but I can pay cash tomorrow and pick it up. Sorted I thought.

LAst night no sign of the twat. Phoned him, text him but hes ghosted me it seems. Bit wassed off because I've had other people ring me and I've told them its sold.

Funny thing is he gave me his business card. Not sure if I'd be brave enough to act like a tit when someone knows where I work. Can just imagine a nutter strolling into his car showroom and causing a scene. Not clever idea.
    If you have a contract of sale, enforce it. If not, then you shouldn't have told anyone it was sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      If you have a contract of sale, enforce it. If not, then you shouldn't have told anyone it was sold.
      Deffo lesson learned. Trust no twat to act properly....

Wishing I'd scrapped the bugger now. Hassle for £700.

Comment

I think I fully agree with NLUK now

Comment

Deffo lesson learned. Trust no twat to act properly....

Wishing I'd scrapped the bugger now. Hassle for £700.
          Less than my day rate ... I'd blow it on you know who ...

Comment

You're incredibly naïve.

And annoying.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              You're incredibly naïve.

And annoying.
              At least he knows now what it's like to deal with a time-wasting twat.

Comment

Have you called the car dealership to see if it is genuine?

A few years ago I started a thread on CUK on getting rid of a car. I did auction. Big mistake. I soon got parking tickets and even driving off without paying for petrol tickets.

I wish I had scrapped it.

Recently I bought a second car. The lady selling had put her name on a card in the car window. She had a few perverts calling up! I bet FLC was one of them.....

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  You're incredibly naïve.

And annoying.
                  Guess what I think of you ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Have you called the car dealership to see if it is genuine?

A few years ago I started a thread on CUK on getting rid of a car. I did auction. Big mistake. I soon got parking tickets and even driving off without paying for petrol tickets.

I wish I had scrapped it.

Recently I bought a second car. The lady selling had put her name on a card in the car window. She had a few perverts calling up! I bet FLC was one of them.....
                    Nah this guy was buying it privately. I remembered him from a few months ago looking for new car for the mrs. He gave me his business card too to confirm it.

When you had that hassle though? Did you send off the v5 sold thing? Surely if this is done then thats it.

Comment

Working...
                    X