• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

22 days to go until

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 days to go until

The UK reaffirms its relationship with the EU by failing to exit, resulting in that shrinking feeling. Meanwhile, at the same stroke of a remain vote, the UK effectively delivers the EU a mandate for further superstate growth and dissolving of rebel governments. And all because a Tory party wanted to woo UKIP voters to ensure they won a majority vote at the election.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Just a feeling
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

We're adding a migrant city the size of Birmingham every 30 months reveals MP who co-chairs migration group  | Daily Mail Online

Landlords wet dream.

Wait for the next property dip and buy as many places as you can.

The EU flood when the next countries join will double this influx....

Fill yer boots (well your BTL properties actually)!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      We're adding a migrant city the size of Birmingham every 30 months reveals MP who co-chairs migration group* | Daily Mail Online

Landlords wet dream.

Wait for the next property dip and buy as many places as you can.

The EU flood when the next countries join will double this influx....

Fill yer boots (well your BTL properties actually)!

If that's right then the only property dip we'll see is when the new builds sink into the floodplains.

Maybe they should build ships instead of houses. Would be some use for all that spare steel capacity.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        The UK reaffirms its relationship with the EU by failing to exit, resulting in that shrinking feeling. Meanwhile, at the same stroke of a remain vote, the UK effectively delivers the EU a mandate for further superstate growth and dissolving of rebel governments. And all because a Tory party wanted to woo UKIP voters to ensure they won a majority vote at the election.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Just a feeling
        I don't think you're wrong. I think that's probably spot on.

Comment

I think it will be a Brexit, based on nothing more than:

1) DC and Osborne are sounding like scratched records with their nothing but "doom and gloom if we leave" bollocks, if the EU is so good why don't they sell it to the good people of UK.
          2) .. yet the Remain exit camp are a lot more upbeat, focussed on facts not numbers pulled out of thin air.
          3) Odds on Brexit are shortening; odds on Remain drifting.
          4) The dialogue is shifting to more of a leadership battle between DC and Boris, even talk of "DC will need to stand aside if there is a Brexit".
          5) The weather is hotting up, people start to feel better, a new start etc. Britain to regain it's Mojo.
          6) A lot of people who hate DC (i.e. everyone that voted Labour/UKIP/etc. at last election) will vote Leave just to get him out of No.10.
          7) An ex-coleagues day out last month, 10 of us, was split about 80/20 Leave/Stay.
          8) Brexit camp are now talking policies, which is massively pissing off DC with his £4300 line.
          9) A vote for Remain is not a vote for the Status Quo, people will start to realise this more and more.
          10) I've got a couple of £K on a Brexit.
          Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
          "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
            2) .. yet the Remain exit camp are a lot more upbeat, focussed on facts not numbers pulled out of thin air.

Except the one on the side of their bus!

I just hope enough people look seriously at the claims being made by the outies, not least the ones above, and realise how little they add up. I'm not optimistic.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
              10) I've got a couple of £K on a Brexit.

Hedge betting against the pound crashing the moment brexit is confirmed.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

I just hope enough people look seriously at the claims being made by the outies, not least the ones above, and realise how little they add up. I'm not optimistic.
                It is perfectly true. If they spend this figure on the NHS some farmers might go short, but that's another debate.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  It is perfectly true. If they spend this figure on the NHS some farmers might go short, but that's another debate.
                  Everybody else will go short too, including the NHS, seeing as we don't send that much to the EU even not taking into account the amount the EU spends here. It's a lie. Everybody knows it's a lie. They should rename that thing The Lie Bus.

Not to mention they've promised to cut VAT on fuel and other commitments totalling £2bn per week.

But not to worry eh?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Except that figure is a fact (actually nearer £365m according to latest ONS figures.) You can go on about rebates all you like, the rebates are far from guaranteed.

The £4.3k worse off a year, and 500,000 job losses are just plucked out of thin air.

Oh, and didn't they have to clarify the £4300 figure? They didn't mean "each family will be worse off" by this amount per year, but that this is the "reduced economic output per household" (whatever that is) per year.
                    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Working...
                    X