• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit: For the sake of chavs ..... NOT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit: For the sake of chavs ..... NOT

Awful 'athleisure wear' is turning us into a nation of chavs

First and foremost is the “Ath”. Most of us are not athletes and we don’t look like them. Yes, Beyonce looks good in athleisure wear, as do various other A-listers such as Carla Delevingne. But these people are young and in terrific shape. They’re celebrities and going to the gym is part of their job. If you spent three hours a day with a personal trainer, you too would look great in Lycra leggings. But you spend seven hours a day at a desk.
    And MF, summat for you:

In the UK two thirds of men and nearly 60pc of women are overweight or obese. The only time most Britons sweat is when they walk up a flight of stairs. We are not a nation that needs more Lycra. We are a nation that needs loose fitting clothes, natural fibres and flattering cuts.

Did they have anything to say re. Hugo Boss, just askin'
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      The main thing turning us into a nation of chavs these days is Telegraph articles!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Did they have anything to say re. Hugo Boss, just askin'
        How many chavs in your local can afford HB ?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          How many chavs in your local can afford HB ?
          You would amazed how cheaply, bonafide made, labelled goods can be purchased if you go to the right "wrong" boozer
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            You would amazed how cheaply, bonafide made, labelled goods can be purchased if you go to the right "wrong" boozer
            I agree. Fecking TK Maxx basterwards.

Every fecker I see wears a Ralph Lauren polo shirt these days.

Comment

I am always amazed at MAMILs going cycling. I was quite athletic when in training. Even then, I wore baggy clothes.

Comment

Working...
              X