• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

more commuting hell

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more commuting hell

Got to the train station for the 8:30 - which was cancelled. Not unusual for this service. But guess what? There's a fire midway between Bolton and M'str and there are no trains running at all between the two! And to top it off - a truck hits a bridge - causing furthur delay and the customer service people at Bolton have no idea which replacement bus is going where. After 2.5 hours - finally pull into my desk.

Rumours are that its another Gas Cylinder warehouse fire. Which by convenience is located next to the rail lines. How many of these types of fires have we had in the last three years?
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

I was late at work too - had to finish watching awesome dream so got up at 9:45am rather than 8:45am, at 10:00am I was at work.

hth

Comment

My fecking commute consists of 15 bloody stairs to go from my bedroom to the dining room where my laptop lives. Today, due to cramp in my leg the commute took twice as long as usual at nearly 58 seconds.

Living hell I tell you

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        I was late at work too - had to finish watching awesome dream so got up at 9:45am rather than 8:45am, at 10:00am I was at work.

hth
        Hope you washed the sheets afterwards.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
            I was watching alternative (simpler) proof of Ferma theorem.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              dining room where my laptop lives.
              Are you a permie who can't afford his own dedicated office room?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                I was watching alternative (simpler) proof of Ferma theorem.
                I'm working and I'm still not about of bed. I might commute to the main office which is 3ft away or change site and commute to the clients off (my lounge).

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  Are you a permie who can't afford his own dedicated office room?
                  I have my own office dedicated office too (full of PC's, servers, desks, white boards, printers etc), but I am reviewing specs and need a very large dining table to spread out all the paperwork and diagrams.

That's the benefit of not living in London, I have 3 spare bedrooms, an office and a large dining room that seats 12 people.

HTH

Comment

Too right mate - London is for losers who think 3 bedroom house is of the same size everywhere in the country.

Comment

Working...
                    X