• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Planning to vote Stay? On the fence? Read this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning to vote Stay? On the fence? Read this

2016-06-01 There is no safety inside the arrogant, imperial, and dangerously unstable EU

Comfortable, middle-class voters who are considering sticking with the devil they believe they know need to think again. Voting to remain is a far greater leap into the unknown than voting to leave. It’s self-evidently normal to be independent and prosperous: just look at America, Australia, Canada or Singapore. But there are no known examples of a previously independent democracy being subsumed into a dysfunctional, economically troubled technocracy and doing well as a result. As mad gambles go, it is hard to think of anything worse. ..
    Well worth a read, and the article is not simply generalised woe (as the above extract might suggest).

It does refer to tangible changes likely to occur, or at least possible, if the UK stays in the EU.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    2016-06-01 There is no safety inside the arrogant, imperial, and dangerously unstable EU

Well worth a read, and the article is not simply generalised woe (as the above extract might suggest).

It does refer to tangible changes likely to occur, or at least possible, if the UK stays in the EU.

I suggest to read some history about isolationism and protectionism. It didn't go well EVER

Comment

Well the current figures show the Eurozone powering ahead of Britain.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...mployment-live

The eurozone grew by 0.6% in the first three months of 2016.

That’s twice as strong as in the previous three months, and much stronger than expect.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        I suggest to read some history about isolationism and protectionism. It didn't go well EVER
        Who says the UK would be isolated or protectionist if we leave the EU?

If anything both are more likely, with the EU relative to the rest of the World, if we stay.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Who says the UK would be isolated or protectionist if we leave the EU?

If anything both are more likely, with the EU relative to the rest of the World, if we stay.
          Brexiters say. In other thread you want to shift trade to brazil and other tulip countries. What a dumbass reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

So we are expected to extrapolate for one set of figures?

This is like the AGW debate.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                So we are expected to extrapolate for one set of figures?

This is like the AGW debate.....
                My concern is the average Briton just isn't bright enough to make this decision.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

...and more news

Dutch PM vows war against Britain if Brexit vote produces tough rules on immigrant workers | Daily Mail Online

Boris admits he is NOT promising a points-based immigration system

In other words the UK will leave the EU, trash the economy and sign up to the free movement of people.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    But then again neither did attempting to bring Europe under a single ruler...

As an Average White Englishman born in London. It seemed absolutely destructive that we would seek to affect policy for places like Cornwall, Wales and Scotland from an insular hub that is so inward and pervasive no one really needs to leave the confines of the M25 let alone get past Reading or Birmingham.

The EU is ten thousand times that problem and more.

I agree that we need a way to stop Europe turning back into a hot bed of violence but I feel that dragging 28 countries into a massive dictatorship and taxing them in a protection racket is a bad way to promote stability.

Comment

Working...
                    X