• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remain vs Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remain vs Brexit

What is interesting is that this debate is polarised between two types of people (and it is the same two groups who constantly argue over many of the topics on CUK). On the one side there are the predictable self loathing leftie liberals who hate the Uk supporting "remain". This is to the point of an obsessive desire not to give way on any point whatsoever. On the other side are those of us who are comfortable with being British and have confidence in our fellow countrymen such that we believe the UK can stand on its own two feet. This is driven as much by the fact that we are behind the UK just as the remainers are driven by the fact that they hate the UK.

Then there is Atw who simply agrees with his friend and mentor George Osborne
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

One minute the remainers are saying the UK is so pathetic and tiny it cannot exist on it's own, the next they are saying a Brexit could topple the rest of the World's economies.

Which is it? We are too small and insignificant to thrive, or we are so important we would bring down the EU...

Comment

Great. I was hoping another EU stay/leave thread might pop up. There's nowhere near enough of them
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        One minute the remainers are saying the UK is so pathetic and tiny it cannot exist on it's own, the next they are saying a Brexit could topple the rest of the World's economies.

Which is it? We are too small and insignificant to thrive, or we are so important we would bring down the EU...
        Amazing. Supporters of the status quo spouting utter tulipe in the run up to a referendum. Surely this has never happened before
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I've said it before but I'm voting leave purely because I don't feel - personally - that being part of the EU does anything for me as an individual, and I can't see how abstracting power further away from where I live and work is good for me.

All the arguments, whether for or against, are based purely on speculation since this situation is without precedent so it angers me that both sides claim with absolute conviction that all these terrible or great things will happen if we stay or leave. The reality I'm sure is that some things will get better and some will get worse - it's hardly likely that one decision can be purely beneficial and the other entirely detrimental, logic suggests otherwise.

Comment

I do hate those who have left the UK getting stuck in.

It is CUK for a reason.

Can't they just f00k off?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

No not tiny, just heavily indebted.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Great. I was hoping another EU stay/leave thread might pop up. There's nowhere near enough of them
                And have you noticed that the majority of them are started by Leave (and AtW)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  What is interesting is that this debate is polarised between two types of people (and it is the same two groups who constantly argue over many of the topics on CUK). On the one side there are the predictable self loathing leftie liberals who hate the Uk supporting "remain". This is to the point of an obsessive desire not to give way on any point whatsoever. On the other side are those of us who want to return to Victorian values where women are women and know their place, where Johnny Foreigner knew his place, where the pound was still printed on paper, the countries in an atlas were primarily coloured red, food kitchens were a fact of life, chimney sweeps were little boys, Nigel Farage had just started to wear a Camel hair coat and the trains still went 'choo choo'

FTFY
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

Totally agree, although I thought Atw hated Osborne for fekking over his entitlement to a BTL empire (sounded more like a Bliarite).

Comment

Working...
                    X