• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Throw the team under the bus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw the team under the bus

Current project deals with a few upstream applications, one in particular keeps making changes and not telling anyone, but causes problems for other teams.

Found out by accident a couple of weeks ago that a project that was planned for end of year was partly going in the current release. I asked for CR, testing plans etc. Got a blanket mail from the PM no impact, no CR required, forget about it.

It got picked up be someone at a higher level as their internal testing was raising a lot of defect, and other teams were reporting a lot of defect. New mail from PM today "Hi Joey, can you give me the CR number" there is no Joey in the email list, or in his team. But all managers cc in the mail.

My guess is when he attends meetings his answer will be I am waiting for a reply to my mail. Classic!
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

The big question is....can you put the kettle on love? I'm gasping.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      The big question is....can you put the kettle on love? I'm gasping.
      You could not afford to have me put your kettle on
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Yep!
        lob the sods like you were off loading a rugby ball with half the All Blacks baring down on you...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          Yep!
          lob the sods like you were off loading a rugby ball with half the All Blacks baring down on you...
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Could you send a reply all email asking Joey for his email address as you want some information :evilsmiley
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              Imagine you are stood on a rugby pitch and you have close to a hundred stone of NZ rugby players about to tackle you. Then think how fast and hard you would throw the ball away and run in the other direction and then do that to your team...

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                You could not afford to have me put your kettle on
                I can, lass

Fancy a break on my yacht in the French Riviera?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Could you send a reply all email asking Joey for his email address as you want some information :evilsmiley
                  And phone number as it probably would be quicker to clear matters up over the phone.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    And phone number as it probably would be quicker to clear matters up over the phone.
                    True, but you want to emphasis that you can't find him in the list of people the email it sent to.

Asking for just his email would initially result in people wondering why are you asking for something that's clearly available followed by the aha moment when it becomes clear...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X