• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What really pees me off!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What really pees me off!!

Was shopping in Basingstoke yesterday and went to buy a fruit smoothy drink off a new kiosk in the town.

I went and asked the counter assistant if they were really thick or a bit like juice.

"Sorry?" was the reply

I explained it again.

"Sorry?" was her only word. She wondered off and got another girl who did the same. Neither one could speak english, both eastern european.

This has happened in local pubs, restaurants etc.

Its really pissing me off. If I want to speak to foriegners who don't understand me I go abroad, not Basingstoke!!!!!!

Grrrrr.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

When i was at uni I got asked by the lecturer to slow down while working with Ernesto! who was a Spanish guy on my course. We had to do coursework together.

They pulled out the old chesnut...."his english is better than your spanish"...well yes, yes it is. however I am not in Spain trying to do a degree. Capiche?

Comment

While studying in local ex-Poly it was very rare situation to have native English person in your team: that sucked big time if you ask me because how the feck you going to learn English well if your coursework team has got foreigners?

Comment

"I went and asked the counter assistant if they were really thick or a bit like juice."

"This has happened in local pubs, restaurants etc."

Why are you asking about smoothie consistency in local pubs and restaurants? I'm not surprised they didn't understand.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Most foreign girls are smoothies, except the Germans who are hairies!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Had a similar problem Basingstoke with a smoothy advertised in the local paper. I asked her if she does oral without. She said sorry and then she asked her colleague, when she came to the door I asked her too and she answered sorry. Then I found it was the wrong flat.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Hello. My name Marika from Poland. Other day this w*anker (I tink you say in Engleesh,no?) came to shop and ask me am I smooth or like fruit juice. He look like prison convict and have T-shirt with "TAT" on it. What this mean?
              I ask my friend Miliana from Croatia and she say he pervert, innit? So I tell dirty man "Solly" which mean "Feck off" in Serbo-Croat innit.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

As long as they have HUGE breasts...who cars!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                X