• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pocket money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pocket money

Pocket money highest in nine years - but girls get 80p less than boys

"Pocket money is recovering from the financial crisis, as children today receive more every week than they have since 2007.

On average children receive £6.55 a week, an increase of 35p since last year and the highest sum for nine years.

Pocket money climbed to an all-time high of £8.37 in 2005 before dropping dramatically to £6.13 in 2008.

But the pocket money gender pay gap has widened significantly. Boys receive an average of £6.93, 12pc more than girls, a difference which has increased by 10pc since last year.

They are also more likely than girls to think they should be receiving more than they are, with 44 per cent of boys saying they should have more, compared to 39 per cent of girls."

Source: Pocket money highest in nine years - but girls get 80p less than boys

Vote Brexit and all children in UK will lose their pocket money.

Are parents sexist or are parents of girls meaner?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Or boys better than girls...

Comment

In my experience, daughters are better at getting their parents to buy them stuff without needing to use their pocket money.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
          In my experience, daughters are better at getting their parents to buy them stuff without needing to use their pocket money.
          So boys need better social skills...

Edited to say: some I'm related to definitely don't.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Go Henry cards are fabulous.....

Comment

As a father I give my daughter less than my son. This is so my daughter learns young that she will always be a second class citizen and not as deserving as men.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                Daughters become wife to someone. Someone becomes broke.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  As a father I give my daughter less than my son. This is so my daughter learns young that she will always be a second class citizen and not as deserving as men.
                  And her mummy will teach her how to divorce a man and take all he got...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    On average children receive £6.55 a week, an increase of 35p since last year and the highest sum for nine years.
                    Meanwhile, in Zimbabwe....

Comment

Working...
                    X