• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good parenting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good parenting

Japanese missing boy Yamato Tanooka found alive in Hokkaido - BBC News

"If you behave like that, we'll leave you in the woods to get eaten by bears."

Kudos for following through on threats.

This is what happens when you can't give your kids a smack any more.

Still, all's well that ends well.

And he'll still get more pocket money than his sister. Probably.

Would MF ?

Comment

In Japan apparently you are allowed to smack your kids but threats like this are more effective.

Though I guess they can't threaten him with anything anymore as he knows he can survive on his own.....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        Would MF ?
        I have done the same when my son used to keep running off, albeit in this case walking around the corner and keeping an eye on them as they start to panic.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

For the 1970s child, being abandoned by our parents was a rite of passage

<sigh>

Comment

I wonder how the headlines would have read if one of the bears had got him
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Bear Grills ?

Comment

Working...
                X