• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yet another EU referendum thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a wheeze. I've just thought up this bloody brilliant idea. Instead of making up our own laws, let's outsource the whole shebang to some Frenchies, Belgians and Germans. What can possibly go wrong? Picture the scene...

UK: Hello EU chaps, we have caught some of these foreign jonnies, terroristy types, any chance we can deport them back to whence they came?
    EU: Er, No.
    UK: These fishy thingies we keep catching, can we keep them?
    EU: Er, no.
    UK: Er, why not?
    EU: Because we bloody well said so.
    UK: Can you explain please?
    EU: We don't need to explain anything, matey, we make up the rules round here. You would do well to remember that.
    UK: 'Scuse me, you mean to say "you make all the rules"?
    EU: Yup
    UK: And at some point we voted for that?
    EU: Do we look that stupid? We prefer that nobody ever votes on anything.. Could be bad for morale.
    UK: So if we choose to become members, we have to sit down and shut up?
    EU: Basically, yes.
    UK: And how much is the membership fee?
    EU: Let's start you off at our reduced rate, let's say £300m a week?
    UK: Bargain. Where do I sign?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Look at the with rose tinted glasses and all you'll see is roses. Or in your case poo glasses.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 4 June 2016, 13:35.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

We never tire of EU referendum threads here!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        We never tire of EU referendum threads here!
        Look I have resorted to posting threads about drunken vicars to mix things up.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Look I have resorted to posting threads about drunken vicars to mix things up.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Look I have resorted to posting threads about drunken Eurovicars to mix things up.
            FTFY

Comment

Sigh. Another day and another piece of Brexiteer nonsense easily defeated by doing some basic research.

UK voting for the fisheries policy:

http://www.votewatch.eu/en/term8-reg...nding-cou.html

Ironically it's Brexiters that want us to have no vote.

Nobody here still goes along with this surely?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Sigh. Another day and another piece of Brexiteer nonsense easily defeated by doing some basic research.

Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on the Common Fisheries Policy, amending Council Regulation (EC) No 1954/2003 and (EC) No 1224/2009 and repealing Council Regulations (EC) No 2371/2002, (EC) No 639/2004, and Council Decision (

Blatant scaremongering!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Here's a wheeze. I've just thought up this bloody brilliant idea. Instead of making up our own laws, let's outsource the whole shebang to some Frenchies, Belgians and Germans.
                  British tradition would be to outsource it to India.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on the Common Fisheries Policy, amending Council Regulation (EC) No 1954/2003 and (EC) No 1224/2009 and repealing Council Regulations (EC) No 2371/2002, (EC) No 639/2004, and Council Decision (

Nobody here still goes along with this surely?
                    I haven't read that guff, and unless I become bedridden for several months, I will not be doing so. The mere fact that we as a sovereign nation should even have to vote on such a basic issue is enough for me to take issue. To hell with the whole sodding lot. Translate that into 28 languages.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X