• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ah. That "special" relationship.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah. That "special" relationship.

Falklands dilemma for UK as US favours Argentine candidate as next UN Secretary-General

Now that would be very special, wouldn't it?

I say the UK should back the Bulgarian candidate
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

It's Merkel's sister
      Last edited by vetran; 6 June 2016, 08:57. Reason: for some reason posts seems to be shortened???
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Parting gift from Obummer to the UK he hates so much...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Parting gift from Obummer to the UK he hates so much...
          Although he might be British. At the time he was born to a Kenyan father, children with one Commonwealth father still automatically obtained British nationality and by virtue of (supposedly) being born in the USA with an American mother he also obtained American citizenship. He also obtained Kenyan citizenship at birth, but that ceased automatically when he was 18 as Kenya doesn't allow for dual citizenship beyond that age.

If Obummer hasn't renounced his British nationality, he would still be a British national.

Comment

Better than a french man, just. Platini's suspension was upheld.

Oh wait. Fifa, UN I can barely tell the difference.

Oh well, the UK will just have to continue ignoring the UN like they do when the UN says it is 'illegal and unsupported', usually in the context of a foreign war led by the USA.

Which island will we give up next (after Hong Kong), the Falklands, or Gibraltar?
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Is it worth paying £80 million a year to protect 2900 people on the other side of the world?

We should cut them loose and put that money into the NHS.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Is it worth paying £80 million a year to protect 2900 people on the other side of the world?

We should cut them loose and put that money into the NHS.
                Where did that amount come from?
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

I think we should rent out the island, like a giant BTL to the Argies.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                    Where did that amount come from?
                    There's plenty of sources. Here's one:

The Falkland Islands: everything you ever wanted to know in data and charts | News | The Guardian
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X