• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remain in the event of a Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remain in the event of a Brexit

MPs 'considering using majority' to keep UK in single market - BBC News

Pro-Remain MPs are considering using their Commons majority to keep Britain inside the EU single market if there is a vote for Brexit, the BBC has learned.

There is a pro-Remain majority in the House of Commons of 454 MPs to 147.

The single market guarantees the free movement of goods, people, services and capital.

The BBC has learned pro-Remain MPs would use their voting power in the House of Commons to protect what they see as the economic benefits of a single market, which gives the UK access to 500 million consumers.

Staying inside the single market would mean Britain would have to keep its borders open to EU workers and continue paying into EU coffers
    Democracy in action!

The UK will still have left the EU, they're just signing up to the single market, which is pretty obviously what will happen after a brexit.

i.e. The British government sits in arm chairs waiting for the EU regulations to arrive on the Fax machines.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Yes, so we get to keep the uncontrolled, open border immigration and £350,000,000 per week fee aspects.

Nice.

Looks like voting UKIP has legs after all.

Comment

Perhaps the out campaign should have bothered to specify what the alternative was? But you should be happy really: putting blind faith in our politicians is exactly what you're arguing for.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Thought it was only the EU that din't allow democracy.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Perhaps the out campaign should have bothered to specify what the alternative was? But you should be happy really: putting blind faith in our politicians is exactly what you're arguing for.
            How is voting Remain any different? They've just proved what a spineless corrupt bunch they are.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The whole referendum is a farce.

Camoron risked nothing by offering us a "choice", there's zero chance of escaping the EU, the MP's know where their gravy train lies....

Oh well, at least house prices will double again over the next few years....

Comment

putting blind faith in our politicians is exactly what you're arguing for
                We do that either way, the difference is that out of the EU we have some power via elections to change things. We don't have that within the EU where the most powerful are people we had never heard of, placed in their positions by back door deals between politicians that none of us have voted for or even heard of, who are only concerned with their own country's interests. Look at the total hypocrisy of Eastern European leaders over immigration, totally against even small numbers coming to their countries but all in favour of their citizens being free to come to ours.

Ignoring the hissy fits over mention of Hitler, Johnson made a very valid point. I suggest remainers look at history, what happens when overbearing, zealous empire builders try to impose their ideals on disparate nations, ignoring the real problems of today in pursuit of a noble ideal. The Balkans is a very good example.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 6 June 2016, 09:59.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  The whole referendum is a farce.
                  The referendum was only offered to get you deranged UKIP voters to vote Tory.

You took the bait, hook, line, and sinker.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    The referendum was only offered to get you deranged UKIP voters to vote Tory.

You took the bait, hook, line, and sinker.
                    I haven't voted LibLabCon for years....

Comment

Working...
                    X