• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What have I missed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have I missed?

Hi there – any news from anyone? Has Gricerboy found his match? Is SAS’s Aygo still going?

Started a new gig– all week on site but I get home a couple of times mid-week. Third test manager in a year. One had enough, the second was a charlatan, so I am having some political fun as I am in a very bruised and battered quagmire. They like to keep bumping people off with a weeks notice here which is crackers.

Bought a spankers new Alfa Guilietta at the weekend, struggling to hold back on the right pedal but arriving at work with a big cheesy grin on my face as opposed to the AA wagon I was fearing.

Saved a life yesterday – elderly neighbour had a fall, I summoned the cavalry.

Having an extension, but the builders misses has reclaimed his house so I only have the foundation footings built.

Just 7 more weeks to get through then I will enjoy a long summer break. Hopefully with a nice orangery to relax in if it ever gets completed!

Busy, but all good, I am much more relaxed and taking life in my stride….. starting to enjoy this contracting lark now!

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Saved a life yesterday – elderly neighbour had a fall, I summoned the cavalry.
    !
    Good job for that.

As for the rest, WGAF?

Comment

Oi, Wilmsly, what's the latest on your mafia neighbours?

Comment

Which model of Giulietta did you get? I used to own one
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Oi, Wilmsly, what's the latest on your mafia neighbours?
          You still supplying guns these days?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Which model of Giulietta did you get? I used to own one
            Thankfully no more mafia neighbours – I moved from them around 8 years ago
            My Guilietta is a curious one – it is called the Business Edition. It was a fleet model but the fleet did not take it up as well as expected, so they were giving them away when I went to test drive. Cruise, DNA boost lever, sat-nav, parking sensors etc, fully loaded – for some strange reason all in the edition come in silver. It looks and drives like a ballistic missile, despite it being a diesel – it is one mofo of a large engine under the bonnet, yet strangely tax exempt with low emissions. The impossible has bene created.

Comment

My Guilietta is a curious one – it is called the Business Edition. It was a fleet model but the fleet did not take it up as well as expected, so they were giving them away when I went to test drive. Cruise, DNA boost lever, sat-nav, parking sensors etc, fully loaded – for some strange reason all in the edition come in silver. It looks and drives like a ballistic missile, despite it being a diesel – it is one mofo of a large engine under the bonnet, yet strangely tax exempt with low emissions. The impossible has bene created.
              I'd wait before I comment on the new breed of Alfas ....

Comment

1.6 diesel
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

1.6 or 2.0?
                  Auto or Manual?

Mine was a 2.0, which is a big engine in a small car. Things I loved: the dials spinning when you start it. The dials dimming when you go to D. The rear lights (frequently seen by BMW drivers).
                  Things I didn't like: My dog hated the boot.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You coward!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X