• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any thoughts on where to sell a camera?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any thoughts on where to sell a camera?

So, my beloved 5DII has to be sold, based on comments such as "why do you need 3 bodies?", also it hasn't be used in almost a year.
    eBay: too much faff.
    LCE: never give you a good price
    MPB: my usual one
    SO Cameras: waiting to hear back from them, also they have a lens I might buy

Any other thoughts on a good second hand dealer?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

What's it worth? What's the condition? How many photos has the sensor taken?

I was vaguely thinking of getting a "new" camera as I was drifting off to sleep last night.

Comment

Has it got pics of the Mrs on it?

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
        What's it worth? What's the condition? How many photos has the sensor taken?

I was vaguely thinking of getting a "new" camera as I was drifting off to sleep last night.

Sold prices on eBay are £700-800, trade in is sub £600
        9736 shutter count, clean body apart from a bit of paint wear near the on/off switch.
        I've got the strap, box, cables, charger, Canon battery (might throw in a spare 3rd party one)

Sample images can be provided (not of The Wife (tm) )

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Sold prices on eBay are £700-800, trade in is sub £600
          9736 shutter count, clean body apart from a bit of paint wear near the on/off switch.
          I've got the strap, box, cables, charger, Canon battery (might throw in a spare 3rd party one)

Sample images can be provided (not of The Wife (tm) )
          Sounds like the same sort of wear FLC has on his sex aids
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Next time get a mirrorless camera.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Next time get a mirrorless camera.
              Unlikely.
              1. Needs to have an optical viewfinder, not an electronic one
              2. Needs to have a large sensor to allow better performance in low light
              3. Needs to be well balanced when attached to a large lens.

Comment

Try Preloved?
                Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Unlikely.
                  1. Needs to have an optical viewfinder, not an electronic one
                  2. Needs to have a large sensor to allow better performance in low light
                  3. Needs to be well balanced when attached to a large lens.
                  My mirrorless fixed lens Fuji x100s has 1 (actually it has both), 2 (low light example below!), & well it's a fixed lens.

3. is the most important. You said you've hardly used your camera. I had the same problem, clunky DSLR, many lens. Now I take my camera everywhere with me. Everywhere, it's just that easy.

As they say, the best camera is the one in your hand.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    My mirrorless fixed lens Fuji x100s has 1 (actually it has both), 2 (low light example below!), & well it's a fixed lens.

3. is the most important. You said you've hardly used your camera. I had the same problem, clunky DSLR, many lens. Now I take my camera everywhere with me. Everywhere, it's just that easy.

Hardly used = 10,000 photos. The shutter is rated for 150k, so it is hardly used.
                    It's most certainly not clunky. I also have an underwater compact, a phone camera, the other two dSLR bodies (one crop, one full frame), a range of lenses (shortest is 24mm, longest is 500mm f/4.0 L IS) and The Wife (tm) has a compact, a dSLR and a couple of lenses.

A fixed lens compact is great for certain circumstances.
                    Hanging off a Land Rover in Botswana, or Sabi Sands, or Addo, or Kwandwe, or Samburu, and in my opinion it's worth having the right gear.
                    Capturing birds in flight? I'd prefer a long lens, not a 23mm (even on a crop sensor)

I contemplated getting a Fuji X-pro a few years ago, but that was to replace an aging Canon G9.

But the thread is not about what camera I should buy - I don't need to replace any, I just want to sell one!

Comment

Working...
                    X