• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investing in robotics/AI

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investing in robotics/AI

Anyone?

Got a few stocks shortlisted to watch and a fund I'm watching, long term (pension/ISA) plays. If they are going to disrupt everything may as well get positioned for it...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Sounds a good idea.

I'd very much like to get into it from a contracting standpoint. But I suspect you'd need a PhD in some robotics related topic to stand any chance
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Toyota is the top bidder for robotics pioneer Boston Dynamics

NYSE:TM

Comment

I've invested my money into Cyberdyne Systems

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Anyone?

Got a few stocks shortlisted to watch and a fund I'm watching, long term (pension/ISA) plays. If they are going to disrupt everything may as well get positioned for it...
          Well, until you get the hang of being a convincing sockies, I wouldn't bother if I was you.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I've invested my money into Cyberdyne Systems
            CYBERDYNE

Comment

Big name firms like Toyota & Google are probably safer bets than a smaller dedicated company.

Definitely a good move I reckon - I would like to invest in areas such as nano-biotech, space and AI/robotics if I can figure out who to back
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Caterpillar (CAT) are quite big on it apparently. Others in watchlist are:

ABB, ROBO, ROBG, IRBT,

Pictet Robotics is a fund I'm stacking in my SIPP.

Going to look a lot more into this sector...

Playing the Rising Robotics with the ROBO ETF | Investopedia
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Did you do your research? Is there a developing market for it?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Did you do your research? Is there a developing market for it?
                    Yes, Robotics and AI are displacing human jobs. Self driving cars, 3D printed buildings etc..

Comment

Working...
                    X