• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bracknell

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bracknell

Had to travel there this morning for a meeting...

After, we decided to nip into town to have a mooch about before heading back to the office.

In hindsight, not, perhaps, a very good idea.

It appears to be full of 16-17 year old single mum's with god knows how many kids (all screaming in there buggies)...The town is full of graffiti and I half expected to arrive back at work with no wallet.

Just where did this town come from?

Oh my lord!!

Maybe I'm just a snob?

Originally posted by premiere
    Had to travel there this morning for a meeting...

After, we decided to nip into town to have a mooch about before heading back to the office.

In hindsight, not, perhaps, a very good idea.

It appears to be full of 16-17 year old single mum's with god knows how many kids (all screaming in there buggies)...The town is full of graffiti and I half expected to arrive back at work with no wallet.

Just where did this town come from?

Oh my lord!!

Maybe I'm just a snob?
    Spot on description. Thats why MarillionFan has his shop there. Purveyor of TAT to chavs.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

And it's full of tat shops...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The wife's side of my family lives there. It is rumored that when the town planner was designing the place, he sneezed on the blank canvas and joined up the snot blobs and that's how it was laid out.

My sister-in-law is about 22 and has 2 kids and an abortion already.
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Worked with a guy from Bracknell once.

He was nice enough, but his wife was a fat slag of the first water.

Her hubby and I were having a pint after work when she shows up to meet him.

God what an awful slag.

I was discussing a novel with her hubby when she went into...

"Nahh! What sort of a nonce are you reading FARKING BOOKS"

"You trying to make my bloke GAY reading FARKING BOOKS?"

I kid you not!

Poor sod was interested in reading, and must have read in secret, in the bog or something.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
            The wife's side of my family lives there. It is rumored that when the town planner was designing the place, he sneezed on the blank canvas and joined up the snot blobs and that's how it was laid out.

My sister-in-law is about 22 and has 2 kids and an abortion already.
            what they have in-breds also.......jasus
            whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Yeah they have pikey brow - you know, protruding forehead with one huge great long eyebrow.
              Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Warrington, when i worked there was awful. The town centre was full of chavs, in fact all of Warrington seems to be employed by the long term unemployed....

... Then i worked in runcorn for a day. That was somehow even worse! I think the species split has come a lot sooner than is being predicted
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Thats why I closed my shop in the end. Not my kind of people.

My shop was like an oasis in a desert full of moose.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The sad thing is that this is actually the state of all uk towns. Go into any town when normal people are working and you will see it is just chav central. In Rochdale we have the queen of chavs in the swamp donkey herself.

A while ago I was in town during working hours - been to the bank. I was heading back to get to my car behind two 'girls' who were straight from the fat slags. They stopped outside McD's and from the other side of the road a load (5) of lads came over - obviously they were sporty types as they all wore trainers and track suits. Their gold jewellery would be some disadvantage in a race and surprisingly most seemed to be smoking - again not good from a performance point of view. One of this group approached a pram, baseball cap at a jaunty angle and pronounced

"look a IT. Look at ITS foocin eyes. I told ya IT 'ad me fookin eyes" while pointing at the kid using a combination of his fingers and his cig. No Coo Chi Coo for this poor little future car thief.

then there proceeded to be a complete standup row between fat slag 1 and this guy. When it broke down the two 'girls' waddled into Mc Donalds while the lads went off to Game to see what they could get for their latest knocked off PS2 game
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X