• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't want to wake them up but may blow them up...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple find Second World War bomb in cellar but wait to call police because they 'don't want to wake neighbours
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

After 70+ years, another few hours ain't worth losing much sleep (literally) over, surely...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

If it started ticking they would have to do something as the ticking might annoy the neighbours.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        After 70+ years, another few hours ain't worth losing much sleep (literally) over, surely...
        They moved the bomb.

They also moved it to their back garden so it would effect more neighbours if it had gone up - this is presuming they live in proper suburbia.

If they had left it were it was in the cellar they would have been OK.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          If they had left it were it was in the cellar they would have been OK.
          OK-ish.

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

“I had to see some Scouts off to Brussels in the morning,” said Mr Sin, who is a civil servant.
            explains it

It could have made their evening go with a bang

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              They could have gone to hotel...

Comment

About 40 years ago my bro in law also found a WW2 shell in his cellar, took it to the police station and put it on the desk. Was in Tulse Hill, about 3 miles from that chap.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I thought this was yet another AtW meets rubber lady thread....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    They could have gone to hotel...
                    They're Saff Londoners. They ain't paying for a hotel....

Comment

Working...
                    X