• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emoov

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emoov

I only came across this company quite recently when a house we saw on Rightmove listed them as agents. Basically they do fixed-price house-sales, not based on 1-2% of the sale price. They seem to be more an online-based company as well, but that's as much as I know.

It seems a little too good to be true but then estate agents ARE coining it when you consider they can easily be charging £10k to sell a house, so there IS a lot of profit margin to be eaten into.

Has anyone looked into using, or used, this company (or a competitor), or bought a house they were marketing?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

just bought a house which was marketed by purple bricks

experience wasn't much different from the buying side when dealing with PB, think the vendors were reasonably happy with the service

only slight cause for confusion was completion day when keys are normally collected from the agents offices, but since they don't have any, we just arrange with the vendor to collect the keys directly as soon as they were ready to depart

can't imagine Emoov's model is much different

Comment

What about Sarah Beeny's one...
      https://www.tepilo.com/
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I only came across this company quite recently when a house we saw on Rightmove listed them as agents. Basically they do fixed-price house-sales, not based on 1-2% of the sale price. They seem to be more an online-based company as well, but that's as much as I know.

It seems a little too good to be true but then estate agents ARE coining it when you consider they can easily be charging £10k to sell a house, so there IS a lot of profit margin to be eaten into.

Has anyone looked into using, or used, this company (or a competitor), or bought a house they were marketing?
        I think it depends on the market place you are in. If you can see houses disappear in days around you then chances are you could sell it with a sandwich board on the door step.

But in tougher markets you may need the help that only comes with 10k bills attached. I have to say we have seen a real mixture of tulip up to pristine photos of property while we have been on the market.

Sometime I look at the photos and think which idiot let them take a photo of the room in that state...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          What about Sarah Beeny's ones...
          FTFY.

Oh yeah, they are big !!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            I think it depends on the market place you are in. If you can see houses disappear in days around you then chances are you could sell it with a sandwich board on the door step.

But in tougher markets you may need the help that only comes with 10k bills attached. I have to say we have seen a real mixture of tulip up to pristine photos of property while we have been on the market.

Sometime I look at the photos and think which idiot let them take a photo of the room in that state...
            My old man got a very nice 17th century house, that no one wanted to see due to the photos.
            Reckoned it saved him 20%.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
              just bought a house which was marketed by purple bricks
              Someone somewhere is having a laugh.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                FTFY.

Oh yeah, they are big !!!
                I thought she had had restraining order against you?
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

that reminds me

Terrible real estate agent photographs
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

there are loads of these companies now.

We used one last year, and it worked great for us.

We did our own viewings, so they are basically a call centre passing on requests to view. As soon as offer is about to be made it all goes through the lawyer.

So really, a "real" estate agents adds little, unless you want totally hands off with them doing viewings for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X