• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The man who would be King - Emotional about Emojii

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The man who would be King - Emotional about Emojii

Scots denied Saltire emoji • The Register

The Scottish former First Minister Alex Salmond has bemoaned the absence of a Saltire emoji from the forthcoming Unicode 9.0 release.

Salmond told north of the border publication The Courier: "Last year, I wrote to both Apple and the Unicode Consortium, asking them to consider including the Saltire in their next update. However, I am disappointed that that once again Scotland has been left out, along with our neighbours in England and in also in Wales."

He added: "Admittedly, they have half completed the job with the inclusion of our national animal, the unicorn, on the emoji list, but I am sure I speak for all Scottish users when I say that we would appreciate the ability to add St Andrew's Cross to our correspondence."
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Right there, a man for the people. Give me my unicorn!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

While the Unicode 9.0 emoji roster is a bit light on flags, it does feature British dietary mainstays bacon and the doner kebab, but sadly no deep-fried Mars bar. ®
      I don't think my keyboard is up to date. I've looked really hard for the Doner Kebab key, and there isn't one.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

So a former has-been has got the arse. You lost, sweaty, but mind you, if we'd known who was going to replace you, I'd have really encouraged the Jocks to vote in your favour...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          I don't think my keyboard is up to date. I've looked really hard for the Doner Kebab key, and there isn't one.
          There won't be, but if built in Scotland there will be a "deep fried mars bar" key. It'll melt, obviously, but then that's surely the point...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
          X