• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its IPSE renewal time...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its IPSE renewal time...

So anyone else feeling like these guys need to get a little more rough and brutal toward HMRC for the cash that we are paying them?

Reading the notes coming out of the IR35 forum they seem to have been abused <mod snip> when it came to the governments public sector announcements in the budget.

To me they seem to have got a little too comfortable and as a result we are not seeing enough respect for them from HMRC.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by cojak; 7 June 2016, 19:02. Reason: OTT even for General

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    So anyone else feeling like these guys need to get a little more rough and brutal toward HMRC for the cash that we are paying them?

Reading the notes coming out of the IR35 forum they seem to have been abused <mod snip> when it came to the governments public sector announcements in the budget.

To me they seem to have got a little too comfortable and as a result we are not seeing enough respect for them from HMRC.

Thoughts?
    Freelancer LTD Co, anyone?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Freelancer LTD Co, anyone?
      Thats kind of the thing that has tipped me over the edge. I don't want to be represented by someone that thinks its a good idea to move me out of a LTD company into a nice need little band of sitting ducks where the treasury can spend the next decade picking on us without affecting the the other LTD companies that we are currently in amongst. To my mind the reason why we have lasted so long so far is that we are using the protection of Ltd companies to protect us from swathing stupidity...

Comment

They're not bothered about contractors any more. That's why they changed their name from PCG.

They only want you if you run a little pissy web design outfit or do motivational coaching.

We bums-on-seats cons are on our own now.
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X