• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

German postal system screw up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German postal system screw up

Thousands of EU referendum postal votes feared lost in Germany | Politics | The Guardian
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

"Thousands of British citizens fear their votes in the EU referendum could have got lost in the post after Germany’s postal service said its workers were confused by the format of pre-paid envelopes sent out to Britons living abroad."

Ze envelopes were not in standard EU format

Comment

There isn't an agreed EU format.

Though anything to do with UK government is always wrong.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        There isn't an agreed EU format.

Though anything to do with UK government is always wrong.
        Maybe not an EU format but the Germans have a format which is different to the British which can cause some problems for British people here who don't take the time to check up on it, particularly with Christmas and Birthday cards. Square ones or any other shape apart from the standard 90*140 mm will cost more....
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I would imagine the majority of these lost postal votes are BREMAIN votes [emoji22]

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            I would imagine the majority of these lost postal votes are BREMAIN votes [emoji22]

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
            if the turn out is under 50% either side will do something dodgy. I was looking at statistics on other EU referendums and governments simply cannot be trusted.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              if the turn out is under 50% either side will do something dodgy. I was looking at statistics on other EU referendums and governments simply cannot be trusted.
              I agree - there could be a right stitch up. But every vote of the people puts another crack in the EU dam...

Comment

Oh bollocks. Hope my vote gets through.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Oh bollocks. Hope my vote gets through.
                  You will never know [emoji22]

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    You will never know [emoji22]
                    Not true. I've just sent a e-mail to my ERO (Electoral Role Officer) asking they inform me in a week or so if in receipt.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X