• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timeless !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeless !!!

I know its an old one, but its still a classic and It makes me smile everytime.

Email from Hoaxley:-

Hi (Insert Name), Hope you are well. Just got this role in and I thought I'd send it to you first.

even more amusing if they accidently use CC rather than BCC :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
      even more amusing if they accidently use CC rather than BCC :P
      One agent did this to me. It wasn't amusing, but very enlightening. There was only about 120 people in the list. Of which I personally knew 12.

Led me to suspect that the number of people in the world, currently contracting, who match my skillset is not that big at all. (Doesn't help me get jobs that enhance my skills though. Most clients are insisting on exact match or the job remains vacant)

tim

Comment

Originally posted by weemster
        I know its an old one, but its still a classic and It makes me smile everytime.

Email from Hoaxley:-

Hi (Insert Name), Hope you are well. Just got this role in and I thought I'd send it to you first.

HI {Insert Name}, WE ARE A MAJOR IT AGENCY BASED IN NIGERIA. WE WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU A CONTRACT WORTH OVER $1,000,000 AS YOU ARE HONEST AND HARD WORKING PERSON. THE PREVIOUS APPLICANT DIED UNEXPECTEDLY LEAVING US THIS VALUABLE IT CONTRAT. PLEASE SUPPLY US WITH THE CONTACT DETAILS OF YOUR LAST 5 CLIENTS.

THANKS,

JOHN HOAXLEY

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          HI {Insert Name}, WE ARE A MAJOR IT AGENCY BASED IN NIGERIA. WE WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU A CONTRACT WORTH OVER $1,000,000 AS YOU ARE HONEST AND HARD WORKING PERSON. THE PREVIOUS APPLICANT DIED UNEXPECTEDLY LEAVING US THIS VALUABLE IT CONTRAT. PLEASE SUPPLY US WITH THE CONTACT DETAILS OF YOUR LAST 5 CLIENTS.

THANKS,

JOHN HOAXLEY

Love it. I do hope Hoaxley staff look in on this forum from time to time. Hi guys.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
          X