• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pissed off with clientcos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pissed off with clientcos

Attended 3 rounds of interview for a role - wasn't told of the 3rd till I completed the 2nd.

I was one of 10 who got through to first round.
    Then one of 5 in 2nd round
    Got down to last 2 in 3rd round and just lost out.

Couldn't give a flying toss about missing out on the role because the arrogance the clients have at the moment is causing me to completely lose it. Like other decent contractors I usually have a few offers to chose from and the fact clientcos can get away with doing 3 round and picking and choosing makes me want to stay on the bench a little longer until the market picks up and it's more of a level playing field. Hate being made to feel like I am somehow in need.

Brexit keeps coming up too both in the interviews and by agents. Maybe best to wait till it's all over so i can give these tossers some back.

Yeah, it seems pretty tulipty out there.

I wonder if it is really worth it these days, rates haven't really changed in a decade, the Bobs are everywhere, and HMR&C are like an army of demons clamouring to financially ruin you are every turn.

The only really stressed people I know are management/technical people...everyone else seems well off and chilled.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      makes me want to stay on the bench until the market picks up
      Good luck with that one
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Yeah, it seems pretty tulipty out there.

I wonder if it is really worth it these days, rates haven't really changed in a decade, the Bobs are everywhere, and HMR&C are like an army of demons clamouring to financially ruin you are every turn.

The only really stressed people I know are management/technical people...everyone else seems well off and chilled.
        Of course it's not worth it any more, but for those of us in our 30s, 40s or 50s there really isn't much of an alternative now that we're well into our profession. Those in their 20s still have a chance to learn something other than IT and to build a business in a sector that isn't being attacked constantly.

I'm in my 40s and I'm almost done with contracting and possibly IT altogether.

Comment

Attended 3 rounds of interview for a role - wasn't told of the 3rd till I completed the 2nd.

I was one of 10 who got through to first round.
          Then one of 5 in 2nd round
          Got down to last 2 in 3rd round and just lost out
          That help at all?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            That help at all?

Not only that, but of all 10 candidates, he wasted the most time.

Comment

[QUOTE=ChimpMaster;2263898

I'm in my 40s and I'm almost done with contracting and possibly IT altogether.[/QUOTE]

I'm also in my 40's, and I'm totally with you on that one.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

Not only that, but of all 10 candidates, he wasted the most time.
                Yep, glad you found that funny.... Did travel quite a distance too.

Comment

Maybe best to wait till it's all over so i can give these tossers some back.
                  Wouldn't hold one's breath on that one...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Genuinely taking a break from this bulltulip.

I'm going to take a flight to Greece to help the refugees who are fleeing war torn parts of the world.....

Will figure out what I'm gonna do when I am back.

Comment

Working...
                    X